Nice Buck Takes Over Today

choo-choo

Well "skinny buck" and another small buck got bullied around yesterday and today. This nice buck took over my property and claimed all the does, 1 of which is real close to being ready...probably tomorrow. He's 11 or 10 pts. , I've seen him a few times this summer along the river , and down the road, but always at or into the dark.Finally got to get some pictures of him today shadowing 1 doe. It was exciting for me to watch him do his thing for a good 45 minutes or so this morning....loved every minute of it, and he got to within 30 yards at 1 pt. and I could swear he had a split or double brow...but the pics don't really confirm that....anyway, here are some pics...let me know what you think...hope you like them.

P1010646_1.jpg

P1010661_1.jpg

Grunting, pretty loud set

P1010654_1.jpg

scraping

P1010659_1.jpg

P1010658_1.jpg

P1010635_1.jpg

Edited by choo-choo

Thanks to all you guy's , glad you all liked the pictures and I Appreciate the comments .

Bluewater, It's an Olympus OM-d (5). Medium sized camera with A million functions and settings that I need to learn about on it.

Thanks for sharing.  Great clear photos.  Years ago we used to fish shad in Lordville and some spots downriver.

Slipbob...yes, very good fishing for shad around Lordville...it is a prime spawning area for them here most years. I don't fish for them much anymore, but once in a while will hook up with one while fishing for trout...they are very strong in early/mid May.

I hope I can get some more pictures of this buck when I get back home in a few day's,..quite a few does around for him. If not, would love to see him make it through the season and winter...would like to see what he will look like next year.

Edited by choo-choo

Choo,

I am a PICTURE lover and those are some great pics. Enjoyed the story book narration with awesome pics. If he makes it another year great, but passing those genes on to your property Doe is what enhances your "property pool"

Choo,

I am a PICTURE lover and those are some great pics. Enjoyed the story book narration with awesome pics. If he makes it another year great, but passing those genes on to your property Doe is what enhances your "property pool"

Good point Runnin Rebel...No one has seen, or got a shot at him these last few days with the bow, so hopefully ,like you said, he has passed those genes on to a couple of my local does for a better "property pool" . (hope the does make it to next season )Good luck to you the rest of this season. Edited by choo-choo