MVP spoon 2015

Now that the 2015  season is over its time to reflect on the challenges we faced. What lures were hot and what lures were not.  Post your MVP spoon of the year( for salmon only),  Spoon type, brand,name. Please feel free to post a pic as well.(hopefully hanging out of a fish's mouth)  I think it will be fun to see all the different/similiar patterns that made this year a sucess.  Spoons only.  If this goes well, we'll do other lures, etc.  Thanks!

For me, The Warrior Salmon Candy spoon was best.  Both in gold and silver.post-139677-0-72511300-1446726660_thumb.jpg

Wait a second............(1 sec) don't you have to catch Kings to have a MVP? That being said this year is the first year that I can honestly that I never had an MVP for Kings since I started fishing the lake. If you want to talk about chicken rigs that I have some answers for!

MVP spoon for kings was a Gator Stingray. MVP for browns was a Tuxedo Stingray.  As for chicken rigs, the Chicken  special behind a Crystalina Watermelon UV Hammerhead was the money winner this year. 

In an effort to not catch shakers I played around with Tomic 6" spoons.  You can order these direct from the company now but make sure you order them without their west coast hardware.  I put my own split rings (Joe Bucher musky split rings) and treble hook.  These are a light weight blank and have crazy action.  Better yet they took only one "small" fish all year ( a 3 lb coho hooked under the chin).  I had good luck with the UV purple haze pattern.  Basically because the flasher bite was almost non-existent for large portions of last year, I used them anywhere I might run a flasher for Kings.  With the vast majority of alewife in the system comprised of adults the past two years I got on a big spoon pattern to match the hatch.

• 2 weeks later...