MVP spoon 2015

On lake michigan, blue RV flounder pounder had another good year. 

The best spoon was one I randomly threw on a 10 color half way during a tournament.  It proceeded to take 8 hits in a 3 hour period.  

I've had to replace it multiple times during the year due to having so many teeth marks on it and/or it getting bent up from trying to remove it from the mouth of a fish that had it all the way in its mouth with only the swivel hanging out. 

Its the proking  PK-144 wedgie mag size.  By far it was the MPV spoon for the year.  It kinda look like the proking dragon slayer which was easily the mvp flasher of the year.

imag160.gif

Edited by vetting

cmbomysoad - I was was lucky enough to test of the prototype spoons for Jeff and I was immediately struck by the incredible action at a variety of speeds...they are great spoons and I don't hesitate recommending them to anyone because .they work and I have faith in them.

Thanks, I'll have to pick a couple up

That's funny you guys mention revolution spoons the guy that was with him last weekend at the show is my boss Jeff and him have been best friends for a long time if anyone needs any spoons let me know they look awesome haven't used them yet

We got to run some of these spoons late last summer and they are a steelhead magnet on leadcore out in the blue water. We got them late in the year so we only got a couple trips with them. I cant wait to run them for spring kings!

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We got to run some of these spoons late last summer and they are a steelhead magnet on leadcore out in the blue water. We got them late in the year so we only got a couple trips with them. I cant wait to run them for spring kings!

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What colors did you run for steelhead?

I had Bob Fuller paint these up for me a couple years ago. Silver cup, white glow face with 4 purple dots. Two years ago they slayed kings in the spring and this past year I only got out a few times in May but the spoons slayed them again. Went 17-19 one morning, with 15 kings 18-20 lbs. More than half came on this spoon.post-149813-1455799019032_thumb.jpg

Yes Power Dive that is a Glow spoon but seems to work well in all conditions. I took a single limit one day with the sun shining high overhead. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Caught a few smaller steelhead on spoons higher up, but the limit of kings came on that spoon after a slow steady pick In a few hours.

Broke Off I know Woodys tackle in Pulaski had them in stock last year. It was one of the newer models from ProKing at the time. I'll have to check with Tom to see who online is carrying. I'm not sure if Gander or Cabelas ordered any of the Pro Glo Series this year to sell. I'll keep you posted.

I see a few geezer spoons on eBay...says they are discontinued

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The geezer spoons that are on Ebay right now are for the small version.  I found out the hard way by paying $11 for a small spoon....

The Geezer is a spook pattern........its been around since the 80's in various forms.  You can find comparable patterns that when flipping back and forth in the water the fish will never know the difference.

• 3 weeks later...

At the risk of getting this thread back on point, here is one of my best producers in 2015:

It is from Bobby Fuller's line of great FLT spoons -- this one is the Albino Frog.  It works well on kings in both the reg and mag sizes.

Albino%20Frog%20King%20-90deg.jpg

JAM