Anyone involved in NAVHDA

WoodieBoater

It depends if you want to breed your dog.  My pointer came from Alan Burkhart in Byron where his dogs are NAVHDA registered.  The organization has stringent guidelines that a dog must pass field trials and be a good temperament for the house.  You will pay a little extra but more likely get a great dog.  NAVHDA breeders like their puppy owners to follow thru with getting their dogs registered and NAVHDA approved and may want to breed your dog.  That may mean you might be without your dog for a couple of months.  I knew the women in the house would never allow for my dog to be gone for a length of time so I opted to have my dog neutered and did not renew my membership to NAVHDA but in the end have been happy with functioning and temperament of my dog as advertised.

I do not plan to breed at all. From my understanding you can get a puppy from a breeder not registered with NAVHDA (or registered with NAVHDA that doesn't require you to breed your dog) , and then become a member and participate an the twice(ish) per month training sessions that they do throughout the summer. That's mostly what im interested in.

Ah, I see what you are looking for.  Yes, I do believe they have training sessions.  Best to consult NAVHDA breeders or club members for specifics.  I don't much about the organization other than what was presented to me by my breeder.  I am sure they have a web site.