Any carp around?

henrybud

I use feed corn.  Go buy a 50 lb. sack and you're set for a while.  Cook it in water or add some strawberry jello if you like.  Simmer for 1 hour and you're good to go.  Stays on the hair or hook much better than canned and it's super cheap.

Right on thanks. I have some ready to go too. I have chummed a few of my summer swims this week, but havent had a carp. I fish Irondequoit bay and Genessee river. Any spots are appreciated. This would be my first fall trying for carp. Last winter I chummed the Genny daily and ended up with some decent steelhead.....but carp??? Thanks again!!

I'm down in the Finger Lakes so can't really help with spots.   Also never tried this late in the year!  I'm guessing the river is colder than the lake so maybe try off one of the piers or somewhere in the lake itself.  I have heard of one good fall spot but I've never tried it, it's not too close to Rochester so it may not be too helpful.  I'll PM you though I don't think there are a lot of carp guys on this board.

• 2 weeks later...