Cayuga 11/9

Launched out of Taughannock at 7:30 cruised to Milliken set up shop. Had the lake to myself! The dink salmon were there and I didn't mark any suspended active fish so I continued North. Ran a ten color and two riggers. Started marking fish down 120-150 so I sent down the Flt custom paddle with a minion DWB fly. Very slow on that setup especially when you are dragging a tiny Laker probably for an hour, lol. Picked away most of the morning two small browns, three bows 3lbers. and three Lakers, perfect eating size. But my best catch of the day came out on front of Taughannock. There was a boat floating toward shore with the motor cover off. Well I would have had time to get into a tree tonight but these nice folks needed a tug to Myers. So it was a fun day and hopefully they pay it forward to someone else someday. No fish pics but couple of others. post-150622-1447111988537_thumb.jpgpost-150622-1447111988537_thumb.jpg

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150622-14471120246199_thumb.jpg

Dang, was going to take the day off to give it a try. I didn't wanna spend all day playing with dinks tho. I saw what looked like a big bow come up for some bugs yesterday out in front of glass factory bay on Seneca. I know the north end has been getting worked pretty hard but haven't seen any fish being taken. Might try out of Sampson, but I'd like to actually can catch something lol. Idk about Lodi... always rough down there.

Dec fish report said fishing on Cayuga has been slow... I haven't had a problem.

Launched out of Taughannock at 7:30 cruised to Milliken set up shop. Had the lake to myself! The dink salmon were there and I didn't mark any suspended active fish so I continued North. Ran a ten color and two riggers. Started marking fish down 120-150 so I sent down the Flt custom paddle with a minion DWB fly. Very slow on that setup especially when you are dragging a tiny Laker probably for an hour, lol. Picked away most of the morning two small browns, three bows 3lbers. and three Lakers, perfect eating size. But my best catch of the day came out on front of Taughannock. There was a boat floating toward shore with the motor cover off. Well I would have had time to get into a tree tonight but these nice folks needed a tug to Myers. So it was a fun day and hopefully they pay it forward to someone else someday. No fish pics but couple of others. attachicon.gif1447112002256.jpgattachicon.gif1447112002256.jpg

Way to go !! Not just the fishing but also with taking time to help a fellow boater/fisherman out !! That's the way to do it...

Mike

Nice Rollie! I found one pocket of bigger fish in the upper zone. They were just south of long point in 280'. I didn't see you out there and I covered a lot of water did you stay on the south end?

:yes:  I'm sure those folks really appreciated your good samaritan action John...it is an awful feeling having your motor down especially at this point in the season when there are few folks around to help out.

Yea been on both ends of the rope also, good karma always rewards those who help others in distress! After my lower unit went south during the heat of the eye season, I will never forget the nicest local that was mowing his lawn took time out of his schedule to get us out of the water and back to camp. He said his favorite thing to eat is a coffee chocolate cake, so my wife made one and the last time we were up I delivered his cake, he was so appreciative, he had to fight the tears.

Haven't been out in a bit we did real good in the 50' range with small stingers a few weeks ago but what we really look forward to is when the temp drops and the top water action starts guess it will be a while. I question how many of those little LLs and bows actually survive after being caught so it makes sense to try to stay clear of them if possible!