Do all Sea Nymph GLS 220's have aluminum floors?

Todd in NY

Or was that a custom aftermarket add-on? Do any other similar boats from Crestliner, StarCraft or Sylvan have factory-installed aluminum floors? That's a great feature in my opinion. I am window shopping for a boat like that, but it would need to be turn-key so that I am not spending my fishing time working on a "new to me" boat. There aren't many boats on the market now, but there will be in the spring. I'm just keeping my eyes open for the right boat, and I have a few from this forum saved in my "favorites" folder, and some of them I have already talked to.

Thanks for the heads up. Its a really nice boat but I want to upgrade to a 22ft (+/-) aluminum cuddy like an Islander or Sea Nymph GLS 220. I love my 19ft Sea Nymph center console. The only reason I am looking at the 22ft aluminum cuddy's is because of my wife and my son's girlfriend, who fish with me on a regular basis, and they would appreciate some privacy while relieving themselves. Any replacement boat would have to serve as my multi-species and multi-lake boat like my SN 191 does now. Its hard to get rid of my boat that serves me well for so many types of fishing. I have all winter to think about it.

I believe that toward the end of the run(mid 90's) the GLS and other Sea Nymphs got the aluminum floor.  The last years of the Sylvan which was the 2300, I don't know about(2003 was last year)  The other years had wood floor.  Crestliner was either 2003 or 2004.  Islander was recent, thinking 2010 or 2011.   

I bought a new Sea Nymph GLS19 in 1992. Still have it today and fish Lake Champlain & Lake Ontario. The factory aluminum floor is the way to go. I helped my buddy many years ago replace his plywood floor in his Starcraft.  What a pain!!! Glad I don't have to worry about that.

I'm hoping to upgrade to something a little bigger in a couple of years. I want to stay with an aluminum boat with a Aluminum floor if possible. Good luck with your search.

How thick is the aluminum that they use on the floors? 3/4" marine grade plywood is $100 a sheet, then add in all the prep work... I wonder what it would cost to replace my wood floor with aluminum. What do they cover the aluminum floor with, marine vinyl?

• 3 weeks later...