Bass Pro considering buying Cabelas

pvelyk

I hope this is a real early April fools prank.

http://www.oregonlive.com/window-shop/index.ssf/2015/11/cabelas_bass_pro_shops.html

Cabela's stores might be getting a new owner.

According to a Reuters story citing "people familiar with the matter" who "asked not to be identified because the deliberations are confidential," Bass Pro Shops is exploring an offer on Cabela's, a fellow outdoor retailer.

Reuters reported that Cabela's has also begun to explore its sale options in general by reaching out to private-equity firms.

Cabela's, which is headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, operates dozens of storesspread somewhat evenly throughout the United States and Canada. It has five locations in Oregon and Washington, including stores in Springfield and Tualatin.

Bass Pro Shops, founded in 1971 in Springfield, Missouri, also has stores in the U.S. and (a handful in) Canada, though most of its locations are in the eastern half of the continent. Its only Northwest locations are in Tacoma, Washington, and Vancouver, B.C.

Neither retailer immediately responded to requests for comment.

• 8 months later...

Latest report today is that the deal is almost done, Goldman Sach's and Bass Pro to buy Cabela's. Also, wasn't there to be a large Bass Pro to be built in Victor? Has ground been broken or any progress, haven't heard anything in a long time.

Ah !  Now it is making sense . I have always used Cabela's mono in lighter tests for panfish and trolling for browns in the spring on flatlines . I tried to order 6,8,and 12 Lb. test in April and it was all back ordered . I bet this sale has been in the works for some time .

There has been talk about the Hamburg Cabela's was getting bought out by Bass Pro, I'm not that big on either stores as there prices are outrageous, like a fish hawk 4XD $799.00 really?? I like Cabela's better, there into the same type of fishing we do as pro bass is more into bass fishing, a lot of things I tried price comparing and bass pro didn't even carry it. WTF?