Last trip before wrapping

Took boat out for probably last time before winterizing and wrapping. Having never been striper fishing before, brought along my neighbor and his son to join me and mine. After a late start due to a folly of errors, launched the boat in Raritan Bay, NJ. Got to tip of the hook and asked neighbor what the game plan was. He put a umbrella rig out on one of my dipsey rods with green shads and proceeded to sent up another. No sooner was the second rod out and the first was ripping son was rewarded with a 15# blue. Day was a steady pick of blues and stripers( 1 keeper). Finished day with a three bagger on the umbrella rig. Hell of a fight. Will definitely be doing this fishing more in the future when not playing on Lake O. Definitely wont have to ask the boys twice if they want to go again. post-152890-14476342716034_thumb.jpgpost-152890-14476342914152_thumb.jpg

WTG Dan. some great eating there too. What is the size limit now where you are? Even the blues can be good if filleted and then soaked first in lemon juice (concentrated) and salt in a garbage bag to get the oil to clump up then rinse and use cajun spices and butter on them on the grill.

Edited by Sk8man

Well Dan congrats on your day/catch, the guys look extremely excited, no I don't think you'll have to beg for company on the next time, again Congrats to you and the boy!! One the other hand we must share some of the same brain waves, we are going striper fishing also but one thing different is we won't be in the ocean. My two daughters helped me make up some hair jigs for striper fishing. If I were a little more tech savvy the pics. of our pretty impressive looking jigs are in the I Pad. I promised them I would take them fishing so Wednesday, mom(a teacher) said they need to do their math class which is the first class then I can get the girls and take them fishing. I hope we can land one and I'll run harnesses up higher for an eye. If all fails I'll take minnows and worms, their happy doesn't matter what's on the business end. Sad to think the season is damn near finished. Baaaa Humbug!!!! Stay warm and safe this winter!! PaP.

Edited by pap

nice job dan,we took a trip down last week to the atlantic highlands and jumped on a party boat friday night,we didnt get any stripers,but it was great being out on the water at night in shorts in the middle of novemeber!!!probably our last trip till the spring run in the hudson.

Beautiful fish! Cape Cod Bay was on fire this fall. We only made it out once this year and only caught shorts but I can't wait to fish it next summer and fall. The preferred method is to drive around at night until you see them on your sonar mixed in with huge bait balls, then shut dow and drift, casting just an eel on a hook tied to 30 power pro. The eels head right for the bottom where the big ones usually are.