Sabot slugs.

fbg14619

Was getting low on Remington copper solid sabots so went to Gander Mt figuring on picking up a couple boxes.

They did not have the 2 and 3/4s but had the 3".  They were like 24 bucks a box. Went to have someone run 

a price check because thought they had made a mistake.  I could have sworn the last batch I got( I do admit it

was more than few years back) were no more than 10 bucks for a box of five.  I got to find some thing cheaper.

What do people like that shoots great out of rifled barrel and is reasonably priced? 

Thanks

Frank

I too used to shoot Copper Solids. And yes they used to be a great deal. When I first started shooting them they were right around 7-8 bucks a box. Since then seems like every year they just keep going up as well as all ammo is concerned. $24 for a box of 5 is way out of my price range. Since then I have bought and only use my Muzzleloader. Way more accurate and it puts them down. I shoot Barnes out of that and they are somewhere in the neighborhood of $22 for a pack of 20. I know that's not what you asked but just to compare.

Was getting low on Remington copper solid sabots so went to Gander Mt figuring on picking up a couple boxes.

They did not have the 2 and 3/4s but had the 3".  They were like 24 bucks a box. Went to have someone run 

a price check because thought they had made a mistake.  I could have sworn the last batch I got( I do admit it

was more than few years back) were no more than 10 bucks for a box of five.  I got to find some thing cheaper.

What do people like that shoots great out of rifled barrel and is reasonably priced? 

Thanks

Frank

WOW! Thats what im shooting. I guess i need to be selective about my shots.

Holy cow you guys spend a lot on slugs!! I had to take a deep breath and suck it up buying Winchester Super-X rifled slugs at $4 for 5. Its only deer we're shooting...

I saw Dead Coyote for $54 for 10 last I saw them they were $20.

Yeah, if I need to spend 3-5 bucks a slug, I'll quit. My $5 KBO's are all I've ever needed. I bought everyone I could last year because I don't think they make them anymore.

silverfoxcharters.net

I'll second the lightfields also out of hasting barrel. Can be pricey but they group like no others I've shot out of my 20ga rem 1100.

I'm for the Lightfields, 12ga 1187 with hasting barrel. the gun will shoot 2inch group at 100yds, me I'm not sure about.

Have a safe hunt and don't forget to have some orange on.there's a lot of rifles out there now and at 300yds you might look like a bear in that tree. :(

• 4 weeks later...