TrollMaster or ITroll

KJ Louise

Good evening Guys and Gals,

I just picked up a new 15 hp Prokicker and looking for the best speed control for it.

I've checked out the YouTube videos on both applications but looking for some real world advise.

Any and all input is welcome

Thanks again

Steve

KJ Louise

TrollMaster Pro 2. Have them installed on both boats and work awesome. Take the time to rig up the solenoid and cable under the cowl right the first time and you won't have any issues. Most complaints you will see stem from improper setup right from the start. It's not hard but like anything there's the right way and the "that's good enough" mindset.

steve,is that a 4-stroke motor???i have had the control king on the boat for 2 years now.the control dial started to "act up" at the end of this season,when you go to adjust the dial the rpms jump up and down,making it tough to get speed right.i have not called the company yet to see if it can be fixed.also,dont try to cut corners like f.t. said,the guy who installed mine,took 12 volt power from the starter solinoid on the motor and when you tried to raise engine rpms it would make the servo motor go crazy,so make sure you run power wires to your battery.

Jason,

It is the four stroke motor, I checked out the control king module, also looked at reviews and they were about 65% like but a ton of miss haps I planned on running new cables,electric wires as well as remote start cables. I'm sick of reaching over the transom to adjust speed and starting. Not to mention dad is retiring in April so the boat is going to used almost daily until we bring it to lake o in June.

KJ, I bought an iTroll in 2013 and used it a little over 200 hrs, trouble free. I would recommend the iTroll. I chose not to get the hunt feature but understand that feature is nice. Good luck in your choice.

I have the Control King on my Honda 9.9 and the only thing that went on it after 5 years was the drive motor. Luckily you can get a new one from a hobby shop for about 8 bucks.  

Edited by sszoldra

I have been using the Itroll for 2 years trouble free.  I like all the pluses it has, waterproof, hunt feature, can go from speed to idle back to speed with a touch of a button ( great for netting) etc And GREAT customer service........I talked directly to Joel, inventor, engineer for set up help.....great to talk with in plain english and he uses it

Thanks guys for the posts, I'm going to keep doing research. Might even call Joel at ITroll to chat about installs and features.

I can say this that ITroll is the way I'm leaning at this point. Mainly because of the hunt feature. I'm still a novice on Lake O and can use all the advantage I can get. My home lake I'm dialed to the 9's.

Thanks again

Why can't you use a 2 stroke motor with this set up, if all it does is operate the carb's throttle plate? Maybe the sparke advance that moves with the throttle arm. What is the hunt mode? I don't think I could run a 4stroker off the swim platform, unless I put more brackets to the transom. I'm in the some shoes KJ, right now my control King is a little Cleo works perfect, but like mentioned with my back being busted up its a **** reaching over to adjust speed.