Helicopter?

Hop

Does anyone know why there was a chopper North of Lodi Pt. around 4pm today?  Was about in the middle of the lake hovering low enough to kick up lots of spray.  Thoughts are a training exercise; rescue; stocking fish?  (kind of expensive to stock this way) 

Hop I've seen them do it several times the last few years south of the barge. Some type of practice exercise because they do the same routine each time.....just not sure who... the ones I saw had no prominent markings and were all a solitary dark color resembling to those of Homeland Security not civilian copters

Edited by Sk8man

We had it done near us one time. They had a pretty large sonar or radar dome attached to the underside, rising to about hundred feet and dropping extremely fast to the water level repeatedly....

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We had it done near us one time. They had a pretty large sonar or radar dome attached to the underside, rising to about hundred feet and dropping extremely fast to the water level repeatedly....

Remember the time they did that to us on Ontario and called us all on the radio and asked if we'd mine them practicing around us. . I'm pretty sure you were with me that day.. It was pretty cool

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Capt. Jim I think there's online photos of that on the bottom, perfectly in tact. I hear there was a insurance issue they wanted to recover it a few years go. Possible tail damage or something

I took the Pilot's hand as he stepped to the dock at Lodi point after he and his emergency raft were picked up by the pontoon boat. I have to say, any one of us would have been more excited coming back in from a fishing trip than this Pilot was after ditching this plane in the middle of Seneca lake. He was so calm it was very noticeable. I thought it was strange then, and still wonder why.

• 2 weeks later...