Ducks are scarce.

A few weeks ago up by Canton there were TONS of geese and ducks.  I was having to use the barrel of my gun to swat at all the mallards and woodies descending on my head when we were pulling our dekes.  Due to the warm weather the ducks can still get access to the back slough areas.  You may have to do little hiking and wading but without freezing temps the birds have access to all the back-water areas.

lots of mallards and puddle ducks here on lake champlain and no hunters. to many from what i can see all the way up the lake. the warm weather is holding them here this fall. i didnt get my duck stamp this year and should have because when im fishing i could get my limit and wouldnt even have to conceal myself. canadian geese are also plentiful. no snow geese though and havent been for a few years. hope it gets better for you guys over there.

I drove along Black Lack this evening and didn't see a single duck or goose. Very few on the big

lake or the Thousand Island region. A few weeks ago there were tons of geese and a fair number of ducks but I believe many have moved on, perhaps to the Finger Lakes region. Need a good freeze and some migrants moving down from Canada.

I drove along Black Lack this evening and didn't see a single duck or goose. Very few on the big

lake or the Thousand Island region. A few weeks ago there were tons of geese and a fair number of ducks but I believe many have moved on, perhaps to the Finger Lakes region. Need a good freeze and some migrants moving down from Canada.

Not much happening in the FLX either. Been hunting Canandaigua south end once weekly since the season opened, a few call/deke wary mallards and some large groups of buffies or hooded mergs, Not a whole lot of action

When I drove by Muar Lake(near Canandaigua Lake RT 5 and 20 ) there were thousands of Canada's and some ducks as well near the water slide at west end so there are at least some in the area around here but not in a shooting area.

Edited by Sk8man