Northern King spoons

I herd thru the grape vine that they are out of busines. I lost money with a order online some time back. It is to bad that was a local company making a great product. I still am searching for the dirty white boy spoon in the tackle shops but no luck so far. As far as contact I tried with no luck but I hope you have better luck than I did. Jeff

Back when Pat Distaffen first made NK's out of his house, my father and Capt. Caz Pizzo would go over and help put split rings and hooks on the spoons. Ive Had Pat Sr. on the boat before , trying new spoon designs. He was a great guy and really cared about the fishery... especially Rochester. I'm not sure what happened to the company after his passing, but the NK spoon continues to be part of my first string for Kings. Hopefully someone can get ahold of the dies and resurrect a really good blank.

According to my grandfather he supplied some of the metal for the originals back in the day. Probably explains why I got so many NK's from him. Not complaining one bit! That blank produces year in and year out. All the new flashy stuff does its job but them old NK's really hold their own. Silver with green diagonal tape always finds it way in somewhere. 

What ever happened to Pat jr. ? got convicted of child molestation & before sentencing he was released to go home. Next morn they found he escaped through a basement window & fell off the planet for a long  while till he turned up in a hotel on the banks of Johnson creek in Lyndonville. I wonder how that all happened & who was paying his rent & feeding him money ? How many lives that guy ruin ? Maybe got his due in prison.

Great lure all the same & one that changed the fishery , at least for me . Those & Pirates.

Also heard the story " Has Been " ; was a reason that a charter captain from Penn., USA did not use them when I showed my NK green /dolphin 28 that was working for us . Not sure what one had to do with the other but ditto on the " lives ruined ".

IMO the " redos " do not work as well as the originals eg. the new Lymans have not worked for us ; the originals caught fish this year [ with the front hooks removed ]