LOC, 1k a Day, WHI

I just confirmed with Kevin and the LOC organization the the 1k/day runs the week before and up to the WHI and the LOC start the 6th and runs the week after the WHI.  The LOC organization said it has to do with the timing of the walleye season.  It seems to me that far more people are targeting salmon than walleye.  smh

Don't try to understand the thinking of the LOC.  There are a lot of goofy things that have happened in the past couple of years.  You would think the LOC would want the extra guys in town to buy LOC tickets.  You would also think the longer the derby, the more entrants you have.  The summer derby is one week shorter than the past. 

The "walleye" guys would only be losing out on Friday and Saturday of the derby. I remember them losing a day before without any issues. I guess the good news is the LOC fisherman can benefit from WHI reports when they roll into town to help them catch more fish.

• 1 month later...

Damn! That's a huge incentive when fishing the whole week leading up to WHI. LOC did it wrong here- I would think they would lose a good chunk of revenue on the spring derby.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app