New Remington 870

JRS

Looking to buy a 870 super mag. Have been reading reviews and have been reading some bad one's. Like problems when shooting low brass, and problems with trigger. Anyone have any of these problems.

Generally never any issues shooting low brass out of any 870 pump, my Remington 1100 is a bit testy with low brass,( just not enough umph to work the action) never had an issue with any of the triggers in my remington shotguns. An 870 super mag is generally a bulletproof firearm. I have hear rumors that the newer 870 trigger guard were cast but if you don't use it as a sledge hammer I don't think it will matter.

PS. the only problem I have had with my Remington 870is that it shots were I point it !  :lol:

If you want better u will pay more ! The gun will not let you down as semi-autos can under severe weather conditions . Quality chokes are a major issue but the costs will ad up !

Rule # 1 with shotguns is to pattern the gun   with your chokes and loads

I won a new Remington 870, that shoots the 3" and the 3 1/2" shells but you need to change something for the 3 1/2" shells. One thing I did notice is it seems, well I don't know how to explain it but it rattles when you shake it the action is loud the trigger pull has a 1/4" creep in it, maybe it's a lesser model. My older 870's are my bread & butter I wouldn't give them up. They are a no fail reliable gun. Of course IMO.

I have 2 870's, one is almost 40 yrs old and is a tack driver with a rifled barrel and copper sabots. The other is about 25 yrs old and I replaced the stock and forearm with camo weather proof stock and it also is a tack driver. By the way, I have a Bushnell shotgun scope on the first one that is 30 yrs old.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have the 870 20ga mag pump. I bought her in 1960 when my wife and I began hunting in NH. I had a polychoke instaled then and had the barrel cut down as short as legal. ...set the smooth bore to slug, chuck a brennike mag slug and they go to the freezer. With a little rifle sling from LL Bean long ago, I travel very lightly and very happily. See you tomorrow and maybe after my yearly nap in the field.