Penn Yan Outrage

Hawkeye50

For just your family or a couple buddies, its a nice boat. I had a Rwge for a few years. It should do everything you need it to. I towed mine with my Dakota and never had a problem, the truck now has 237k so it didn't beat it up too bad... I've towed it to Otsego Lake, Skaneateles, Owasco, and LO ports from Olcott to Port Ontario before I started slipping it in Port Bay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I own a 97 outrage and really like it. Mine has the 4.3 V-6 mercruiser I/O. Plenty of power,will do 38mph on flat water. Just right for 2 to 4 guys for a day of trolling. Have a 9.9 merc 4 stroke kicker on it with TR-1 autopilot.Keep it on trailer,pulls real easy on loadmaster bunk trailer. Good on fuel too. 

I found my 97 outrage in sandusky-port clinton area. I live in Buffalo area. My basic criteri was it had to be a hardtop in 22 to 26ft range. Hard to find cause all companys that made freshwater boats in this size either went out of business or stopped making them. Mostly used craigs list to search Buffalo,Rochester,Erie,Syracuse areas. When I started looking at sandusky-port clinton area I realized there were more used freshwater fishing boats THERE then probably anywhere in U.S.!!! Made 3 trips to Ohio in fall of 2012, 600+ miles each trip. Each trip I would have appointments all lined up to see and some watertest boats. Nov 1 2012  brought home the 97 Outrage, had snow flurries on ride home. Good luck!