2012 Tracker Pro Guide V-175 WT - Cracked Hull

FleetTracker

Be happy they fixed it and it is on it's way back to you. A few more days in the grand scheme of things is nothing. they could have told you they were not responsible & it was user abuse. And what  would your recourse really be ? You are not going to hurt them other than a few boat sales.

I went through similar w/ my new boat had a bad valve in the engine. Dealer was a crook & did not do much for me but want to rip me off so I was sent  to  another distributer to have fixed , was mad as hell but it got fixed after a long while.So I feel your pain. 

Hopefully it's all good.

I picked up the boat yesterday and hauled it home. A quick look over on the inside and looks like it was put together well. About half of my bungee clips are broke but I guess I can buy and install more.

A look at the hull repair... sure doesn't look great and the hull is noticeably deformed in that area now. It sucks inward with a fairly considerable deflection. Sure hope those new welds aren't under much stress as they appear to be. I will not look forward to going through this again... hoping for a solid job that holds up. That has got to be mutual with Tracker.

I bet those welds fatigue again.  Similar to old welded Crestliners, they will fail due to cyclic impact.  Unless you buy a heavy duty welded boat like a Kingfisher, Duckworth, or North River, the thin gauge aluminum will fail.  That is why rivets are easier to repair than welds.

Sorry about your luck.

Don't think I would sell the boat. There just isnt anything else in that size range comparable to what the boat offers. Tracker really nailed this boat design for a trolling fisherman and the type of gear required for that type of fishing. For example, Lund just doesn't get it... I don't use 6'6'' poles thus all their rod lockers are useless. Nor do I want a tiny livewell that can't handle 1 King, let alone a limit of walleye. Made for a bass fisherman (no offense)... just haven't found a boat comparable in capability and the capability may not be apparent to most at first glance. I'm very particular and many of the boats out there are not ideally designed to support the fishing I do. Tough to find the right fit and everyone is different and looks for the right setup to suit them. I also like the flexibility of having a larger glass boat for rougher water or more people going out. If I were to choose, I would take the Tracker out every day. It's a fishing machine.

Have you guys looked at the newer polarkrafts?

I looked last year at lund, tracker, crestliner, polarkraft, lowe and starcraft / starweld. And I got it down to tracker, crestliner, and polarkraft (due to price and size) after looking on line for problems I eliminated tracker, then I looked at a 1750 crestliner, and a 179 frontier from polarkraft, the polar craft was wider (99in) and had lots of storage, (2 side storage boxes, 1 rear box and one front box along with a 10 rod storage box in the front) has a livewell in the rear that can hold a 5-6 big salmon or a bunch of walleyes (have to keep count on the walleye even after getting my limit one day, it looked like it was only 1/8 full) and a small one in the front that has a bait bucket in it. I bought it with a lot of extras and a yamaha 115 and it wast 30K with tax (less that the traker terga 18 I was looking at for 33K)

I actually  owned a starcraft super fisherman before I bought this, I hated the angled side boxes for a few reasons first the seats get in the way of opening them, you have to have the seats at just the right angles to open it, second the one time I fished in the rain everything in there got wet (thought they were water tight) and the next weekend everything had mildew on them.  I also have more floor space than I had in the super fisherman even with the side boxes, beam is 99" compared to 86" on the starcraft, plus the starcrafts sides were 8" wide where the polarkrafts are only 4". 

As far as the price I was compareing the tracker targa to mine becuase they are similarly priced and equiped, I think that they make a smaller version of mine in the 20's price range that is similar to yours (mine is actually 18ft). and that this may be an option for anyone who is looking at a tracker.

They are made in the USA in Syracuse, IN

I actually owned a starcraft super fisherman before I bought this, I hated the angled side boxes for a few reasons first the seats get in the way of opening them, you have to have the seats at just the right angles to open it, second the one time I fished in the rain everything in there got wet (thought they were water tight) and the next weekend everything had mildew on them. I also have more floor space than I had in the super fisherman even with the side boxes, beam is 99" compared to 86" on the starcraft, plus the starcrafts sides were 8" wide where the polarkrafts are only 4".

As far as the price I was compareing the tracker targa to mine becuase they are similarly priced and equiped, I think that they make a smaller version of mine in the 20's price range that is similar to yours (mine is actually 18ft). and that this may be an option for anyone who is looking at a tracker.

They are made in the USA in Syracuse, IN

You must have had a starfire or LE, not a superfisherman. The beam width is 96" on the 176 superfisherman and 100" on my 196. I looked at a starfire and it was just too narrow for me. Either way, you have a boat that fits your needs which is great.

• 2 months later...

If you purchased a boat, boat trailer, boating accessory or recreational vehicle from Bass Pro and/or Tracker Marine Boat Center (TMBC) between January 21,2004 and October 1,2013, a class action lawsuit may affect your rights.

http://bassproclassaction.com/

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/boats/tracker.html ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bunch of lawsuits pending

maybe \you can find help with what they did to resolve the problem, good luck

From reading the horror stories, it sounds like the 19 footers on down are only good for frog ponds and smaller water, no way in hell would they take 3-5 footers, 6" waves might be to much LOL there are much better grades of boats out there that's for sure!! I wouldn't want to be in Fleets shoes, but it sounds like he made out on the boat, considering the other stories the thread above reads. I never had a "brand new" boat but I know how frustrating it is when shyt goes south on my old girl. Wood and fiberglass I can fix, steel I can weld, aluminum my father in law has the welder and stuff to repair his trucks bodies they are all aluminum. It's a shame that big of a comp. can't make a better boat? They advertise the crap out of them, so they must be selling them yet. It would be a differant story if there were a handful of guys b!tching that's not the case here!! Best of luck to those who have them!!

Edited by pap

Thanks for this thread, I just found and read the whole thing. I bought my first boat last year, a very lightly used 2010 17' Lund. Tracker was high up on my list, but the horror stories of hull problems resonated in me a bit too much to feel comfortable getting a used one. In the end I could've bought a new Tracker for what I spent on the used Lund but I don't regret it.

Sorry to hear of this frustrating experience. How has it been so far this season? Also......that's a sweet looking rig, I must say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I love my Polarkraft, I love my Yamaha motor, the only complaint I have is I wish I had bought the 189, I wish I had the extra foot in the back, but it works for everything I use it for (perch, bass, walleye and kings).

I found that the side boxes that some people don't like work great for fishing for bass and perch because someone can stand on them and they are well made (had a 300+lb guy standing on them and they don't flex), and when trolling for kings and walleye they have space under them so you can put you toes underneath them to give you more support while leaning over and working on the downriggers and side rods during rough water.

I am glad that I did my research on all the boats before I bought it. I did look at the new ones and it looks like they haven't changed it much (rear jump seats and newer paint). Would buy again if given the chance (wife did not buy the new colors would match my truck better.) :lol::rofl: