Spillway pike

Geez Mark ....earlier this afternoon I was saying exactly that to someone here on the pier in Canandaigua after he caught one but he said it was too much trouble to clean so he threw it back in....just doesn't know what he is missing. I have fish stew on cooking as we speak but mostly perch and walleye :lol:

Geez Mark ....earlier this afternoon I was saying exactly that to someone here on the pier in Canandaigua after he caught one but he said it was too much trouble to clean so he threw it back in....just doesn't know what he is missing. I have fish stew on cooking as we speak but mostly perch and walleye :lol:

I know Les!...I even travel 500 miles north into Quebec to catch some nice pike. Can't beat the fun of watching them come out of the lily pads and grass after a buzz bait on the suface! Big jointed jitterbugs and mice are just hammered with reckless abandon, flying out of the water like a tarpon sometimes. Those from cold water are the best eating fish. Yeah more difficult than walleye to clean but not that bad really.

Then there's the wait....it's lying next to the boat...motionless...just a flick of side fin...get the net...SPLASH!..off again!..laugh like h at my son when he was younger! Almost jumps out of the boat! LOL!

A pike out of Canadiagua? I was scolded for saying that there were some pike in Canadiagua a couple years ago.

Where are canal spillways? Im just curious and looking for something to do as ice fishing isnt happening

swift's landing between palmyra and newark. Aqueduct park in palmyra. Butterfly trail in macedon behind fire dept off rt 350. Lots of smb there as well.

• 7 months later...