Dead Deer in a Bad Way

Dylan585

At the property i hunt there were 2 dead deer found... One was still stiff as a board so it hadn't been dead for long and found early today and the other one was found yesterday... Neither show signs of CWD and neither have a hole anywhere! We are all at a loss! Anybody have any ideas? The DEC is going to be contacted but figured id check here too... Attached is a pic of the one that was still stiff

post-157203-0-64955900-1450050375_thumb.jpg

I heard of the same thing today in Hamlin. Buck and doe found with no visible issues. DEC took both deer, if I hear anything I will post it.

That's bad... That's extremely close to where I hunt

Between 19 and Drake Rd behind Crosbys market is what I was told.

These were on Rt. 19 around a mile north of 104... DEC will be getting call first thing in the morning... The only thing I can think isthat maybe an area farmer is poisoning them

These were on Rt. 19 around a mile north of 104... DEC will be getting call first thing in the morning... The only thing I can think isthat maybe an area farmer is poisoning them

Did you talk to the DEC today?

Communication issues with my friend that owns the land... He talked to his friend who is a DEC officerike the DEC is going to come take them tomorrow... Another weird thing is no coyotes... 6 gut piles that haven't been touched in over a week

Coyotes are funny. I have a roadkill in the back of my yard every winter. Some times they are absolutely hammered and others they don't get touched for days or even weeks. We keep a trailcam next to the motion detector and it gives us a good idea of what's been around. post-150305-14503103379797_thumb.jpgpost-150305-14503103945226_thumb.jpg