Cisco Rod Holders

I am looking to Rig my new Ride and am looking into what I want for rod holders . On my other boat I had Bert's ratcheting holders for my dypsies...I do like them and never had any problems with them. but i just saw the Cisco's Cradle Rod Holders they make just for dypsies.. They look awesome... and Very easy for client's to get out of holder with a big king on.  I was looking for some input from anyone who may have used these and your thoughts. I plan on either using all Cisco's for my other rod holders or I am going to stick to the Cannon dual Axis. Thanks.

http://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/shop/cradle-rod-holders-(dipsy)-5259

Edited by madsierra

I've never been a fan of the cradle type rod holders because they have limited use just for dipsies and the rod butts end up sticking into the boat

I do have Cisco tube rod holders and I just pick the dipsy rod and holder straight up to remove the rod, same as you would with any ratchet type holder.

My Cisco's are 7 years old and still look brand new

I agree with the ratcheting holders of just picking them straight up and pull them out...thats easy for me to remember but seems that clients never remember that and usually struggle to get rod out! Having the handle sticking out would not be a issue as i mount my dypsy's on the very back of boat behind rigger so handles would just be running along the stern of boat not sticking into any part if it. Will have to look into them more i guess to see about durability of the finish.

The finish has come off all joint hinge area on my ciscos...not impressed.  I don't have those particular holders but I do have that joint hinge mechanism.

I thought Ciscos are machined aluminum.  What type of finish do they have?

I had a couple of rod holders that the clamp bolt started to show rust and Cisco replaced the bolts under their lifetime warranty.

They said it was problem with a batch of bolts they had received from a supplier that year, give them a call

I have a total of 15 Cisco rod holders on 2 boats that I had purchased over several years and this only happened on a couple of them so far

I have all Cisco. Came from berts. In terms of the tube rod holders it's 6 one half dozen the other. Both are great and do the job. I do prefer no rubber cap as I seemed to always lose those. If you have more then 4 holders per side the Cisco are better as they have infinite adjustment doe level so your rods are always staggered. If you have less then 4 rods per side the berts work perfectly fine.

In terms of dipsy rods the Cisco are awesome. I much prefer the cradle rod holders. You can mix and match as they fit into the same track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the input. ordered up 2 of the cradle rod holders for my  2 main dipsy rod holders as I think they look like they will work great. and 2 of the adjustable tube holders. so I can take a look at them...will then decide if want to order up 10 more tubes or just stick with the cannons. have plenty of time to decide as the new ride is staying in Canada  (where I purchased it) till spring.

• 1 month later...

The finish has come off all joint hinge area on my ciscos...not impressed. I don't have those particular holders but I do have that joint hinge mechanism.

Call them they will fix all rant with new parts you will get them back in perfect shape. That was an issue for a little bit but not any more best rod holders on the market imo

• 1 month later...

I think the long cradles will keep your rod handles out of the boat more, as compared to their short cradles. I could be wrong though, as I haven't tried them, but hope to soon. I run 6 of their tube holders and recently upgraded my tubes to black ones. A great company to deal with. They also have affordable risers you can add to stagger the rods height-wise.