Late Western NY Waterfoql

Hunted Cayuga the last 2 days. Tuesday was the best day in a while. Few blue bills and a black. Went back today and it was a barren wasteland. Ducks in the swamp at first light then goose hunting the rest of the morning. I wish it would get cold ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Anybody ever hunt fair haven state Park. Just curious heard you can hunt duck off the rock wall. Also sterling creek I here is another spot. Is that true.

They do open the pier for late season ducks. Also on the west side pier as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Most guys set up on the LSB side. But you can use the state launch and go out on the lake if you want, just be warned that guys will be shooting into the bay. One warm year like this, I decided to go after perch not knowing it was the late duck opener. Guys were shooting ducks and with the north wind they weren't getting them all as they were floating south. I paddled out in the bay 3 times and got 3 buffleheads that would have gone to waste. Some guys used boats or canoes to retrieve, I did see a dog or 2..... but there were alot of guts lined along the break wall. If its not too far to drive I would go check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Managed 8 sky carp yesterday in a field. Mallards would not work....... we found out later in the day the group of hunters hunting a few fields north of us pounded on them which made them very weary of our spread.

Tried the lake on Saturday with for divers and it was a grave yard! The numbers of birds is pitafull. Moved to a small pond later in the morning and took one black home.

Edited by JakeyBaby