Late Western NY Waterfoql

Hunted Saturday in sodus area . Lake was rolling saw alot on lake no shooting. Sunday hunted Churchville.

lots of mallards. Big flocks decoyed in before we could get a shot off. We did get a few and had fun. Back at it next weekend

Is the north end of Cayuga locked up yet? I am working in Buffalo all week and won't have time to look. I am going to assume it is. I just weaseled my way out of work Thursday and fri. One last shot.... thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What kind of after market chokes do you have in your guns. I recently lost all mine in a field i hunt.

I shoot a H.S. Waterfowl Long Range Undertaker out of my Benelli and like it alot. Holds a tight groop and reaches out there to touch them! Edited by JakeyBaby

No Cans for you yet Matt?

Maybe......;)

I tested quite a few chokes out of my 870 Super..... pattermaster, and kicks to name a few.... after spending a lot of money on chokes, I found a plain factory mod choke with 3 1/2 inch Kent 3s patterned crazy good. Heavy metal 2s were the worst... the Remington 3 1/2 inch Hypersonic patterned OK... just hammers the hell out of your shoulder....

Comp-N-Choke is a very consistent, well made, reasonably priced aftermarket choke. I shot an improved modified pretty much all year around. I switch it out for a Comp-N-Choke modified for woodies and teals. I bought a petternmaster code black  and it did ok but it was very finicky on what you fed it. The CNC's seem to be much more consistent with a variety of loads and they haven't stretched at all. I had a Carlson's extended tube that stretched 0.0015 after one box of steel. no good.

Back on topic Conesus is starting to load up with some birds. Not huge numbers but enough to get a good hunt in if the weather cooperates.