Lake Erie walleye

shinintimes

Hello all... I'm fishing lake Erie this spring and summer for walleye and perch this will be my first time and I'd like any info I can get on places to stay from Erie to Buffalo I would like to stay on the lake and if I could get a slip with  lodging that would be perfect !! Thanks

You could find rental cottages in Hanover Bay on the Cattaurgus.  It has restaurants, bars and beaches.  Fishing includes bass in the shallows off the beach club, perch beds out in 40-60' out front, and walleye esp. starting in July.

Erie gets migrators from the Western basin earlier and tends to hold on to them due to the variety of structural variations the short stretch of Shoreline has to offer. Once you head east from the PA / OH line, the fish funnel through two super highways on their way eastward, known as the trenches (or we call "first and second Ditch") before it becomes a collection bowl at the east end of the first, just about 7 miles NE of the Walnut Creek boat launch. East of the bowl is a large flat and a large drop off / shelf runs north to just shy of the international border north of that bowl which tends to hold fish into August before they dump off into " the deep" that is the beginning of the Long Point Abyss. Nearer to shore and east of the deep is "The Mountain" a reef that runs east to just about the PA / NY line that goes from 40 - 55 feet on the top to drop off hard on the north side, quickly into over 80 - 100 feet. There's a lot to fish while following the migrating schools from west to east. There is also a pretty decent resident 'eye population that spawns to the east of the Port of Erie as well as to the west of Walnut Creek.