Boat Lettering near Sackets Harbor

greenboatluke

Anyone know if there's a place or person to put a boat name on? Or tips?

The project is a bit more than just slapping a name on... I'm looking to remove the Trophy lettering from the sides of my 1802 wa, then want to put "Puffer II" over where the old letters were. I read that when you remove old lettering, you'll see the outline of them. Whether it does or doesn't show, I still want the name there and probably port on the back.

I am pretty handy, so if you've done something like this and it's relatively straightforward let me know.

All tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Decals come of easily by heating with a hair dryer and careful and gentle work with a 4" wallpaper scraper. Remove glue residue with acetone on a rag. Outlines are due to oxidation of your gel coat. Good buffing with compound will get your hull looking like new. You can order and design you new decals online. Shop around as pricing is all over the place. Just follow the instructions for application. Don't rush it and must importantly dont stretch decals when applying. post-152890-14505429570431_thumb.jpg.

Replaced the stripes and lettering on my boat this fall. Put the name on also. Cost me about $200 for everything.

Name my boat or name your boat.com. I used that website once. Right to my door with tools needed for install. Recently I have used local guys. I installed mine myself on the new boat. Measure and tape prior to install, marked it and laid on in sections. Also I spray a hint of Windex on. Made getting bubbles out super easy.

Lots of ways to get them on... Just don't rush and do it while hull is min 55*

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-145590-14508894099496_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14508895001825_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty easy, except getting your letters done in an arch can be a bit of a challenge putting on. Just don't rush it. Measure 2 times not just once. If you can't get all the air bubbles out just prick them with a pin and rub them out. I did 3 of my boats and they all turned out just fine

post-143614-0-91944200-1451652328_thumb.jpg

Edited by Patriot