Anyone still trolling?

We did decent in my boat last Sunday, 7 pike in 4 hours trolling . Was a calm day and a slow bite though. Water was 43 degrees, fish would only hit between 1.4 and 1.6mph trolling speed. Half the fish came off planer boards. Could not catch any casting . Hope to get out again as soon as muzzleloading is over.

We did decent in my boat last Sunday, 7 pike in 4 hours trolling . Was a calm day and a slow bite though. Water was 43 degrees, fish would only hit between 1.4 and 1.6mph trolling speed. Half the fish came off planer boards. Could not catch any casting . Hope to get out again as soon as muzzleloading is over.

Wow, that is slow. Sounds like they were very lethargic that day.

Jay

Wow, that is slow. Sounds like they were very lethargic that day.

Jay

Last December I trolled as slow as 1.1mph to get them to hit. Once water temp is below 45, they never hit for me unless it's 1.8mph or less. Other people have success going faster though .

lake is down 3 to 4 feet,not sure if you will be able to get your boat off the trailer

Your weren't kidding. I was up there yesterday thinking the lake would be up from all the rain. No way was I launching in Inlet. I ended putting the boat in at the marina in Eagle Bay.

Trolled the St. Lawrence Saturday (12/26) and caught two smaller pike, missed one decent fish. Gotta love some bonus trolling this late in the year. Speed was around 3 mph and worked 20-25 feet of water. Only fished 3 hours, used planer boards running Rapala tail dancers.post-151827-14514013680302_thumb.jpgpost-151827-14514013820848_thumb.jpg