Started shallow for browns this morning around 6 am with no success. Slipped out deeper and tried for lakers. Pulled one in the first 3 minutes and then nothing for 4 hours. Decided to pull the farming equipment and head North for steelies and kings. Trolled to 225 and started catching fish. In the last hour of the trip we were 6 for 7 with 3 steelies and 3 kings. All the fish came in the top 30. The hard part was keeping all the cottonwood off the lines and keeping the flies from eating you alive. The surface temp. went up 8 degrees during the trip. When we left, it was 39.3 degrees down 31' and 56 on the surface.

Keithg, it's Hamlin area west of Rochester.

Nice Job Brian I was out on Thursday and came up empty :shock: :? :$;(;(;( I went out to 200 ft too and was kicking myself for not going further north a bit :x :x

I had a feeling after I went back inside that I should have stayed out there a bit longer. Well learn the hard way sometimes right?

I was out last night off Sandy as well. Fired out to 225, then out to 310, fishing down 30-60'. Had one good rip on the rigger down 42', but that was it for the night. Flies were bad. Seemed they really enjoyed eating my legs the only time I had the rods in my hands. Nice night to be out, but fishing was tough.

Hijinks the flies were all over my boat too they were so bad that I have dead ones on the floor of the boat just from standing up to check the rods and stepping on them, but they were a lot like the fish that day for us... NOT BITING :shock: :lol:

flies were horrible on thurs. the boat was absolutey covered in them. on friday the little ****ers started biting. it was extremely bad :evil: