Cape Vincent

I'm not going to be able to talk the crew into getting canadian licenses, but we could drop our boats in at Chaumont, seeing that its only a few miles from our cabins on the river. There's a launch around there somewhere right? You suggest the trolling/stick bait program? I'm completely new to eyes, only caught a few casting for bass in the rift of Wellesley.

When do you think they move into that area? Thanks for your help!

Sindale

I will be up in the Carleton island area from 6/13 to 6/15 maybe 6/16 if you have a radio give me a call on 68 I will monitor it while I am up there. If you are interested in catching N Pike I usually troll off the NE end of Carleton in 15' to 25' of water with deep diving jr thunder sticks and I do pretty good. I also run any large spoon usually start with a black and white mag size spoon with a trolling sinker to get it down some. Also any shore line that has a gradual drop off and start at 18' and look for structure and or weed beds at the bottom it should work pretty good for pike from 22" to 34" but don't expect much bigger but you may have a steady pick of them. Also learn how to fillet them they are better eating than walleye in my opinion. Oh and the pike fight 10X harder then those walleye. No offense to the walleye anglers here but after living in Buffalo the first 25 years of my life and catching a lot of them they just don't do it for me anymore.

Gene

Overall, successful trip! I caught a 28" musky off the mainland shore, right at the dock! and a northern off the south east tip of Carleton. We maxed out on perch, most in the 10-13" range everyday. No sign of the eyes though...

I actually have a place on Carelton. I am on the Northeast end of the river facing the bridge. Trolling for pike out there on the shelf from 18-30 feet can be fairly productive. The walleyes are usually found up near the coastguard tower facing wolfe, at least later in the season. perch are just starting to move in to the shallows and the carp are all over the place. I probably saw you out there this weekend fishing.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be heading up there this weekend. Stay just south of Carleton on the mainland (Angel Rock Cottages). Any good spots around the island this time of year? Never have done any trolling, mostly just drift for perch and cast for Smallmouth. Unfortunately the smallmouth pickins have been slim for us over the last few years. Any tips would be great.

just west of Angel rock past burnahm there's a point, first point, almost same longetude as western tip of island. Along this plane (varing slightly) theres a long drop off, 9-30' over a period of 20 yards or so (varying). I was drifting this (easterly drift) 6/21-6/23 and did quite well for smallies and big perch. When that slowed down i moved shallower, drifting powerbaits on spinners from burnham point to millens bay.