Suburb deer

Kevin J Legg

I've been seeing a ton of deer at my daughters while visiting in Colonia NJ. In only a few acres of woods among homes and I've seen this nice buck, a spike and a basket six. I took my two year old grandson for a short walk and we saw 15 in a 250 yard walk. post-144887-14512221719674_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin J Legg

The deer really seem to be hanging around houses for safety around hunting season (and beyond)lately. I saw more deer close to peoples back yards than in the woods several hundred yards in this past season. I think we are seeing a survival adaption over the last several years.

Nice big buck picture Kevin

I believe that it's a dual push for the deer. First during fawning season the safest place is near homes because of the coyotes. Second the hunters decide to start tromping into the woods leaving scent everywhere. The deer not only learn where too survive but the ones that do survive teach their fawns to live near homes where death hasn't occurred.

My problem this year was not only leaving my property alone but when I did go into the "kill zone" I find a pile of yotes and few deer. So if there we any trappers out there close to Danby NY and want an extra place to trap send me a PM

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app