Laker strategy/Cayuga

I would like to make an attempt at trolling for lakers in Cayuga. We would probably put in at Meyers. Any specific info like locations,depth,spoon or flasher/fly ccombo would be helpful. Also I haave heard that time of day is important, is this only an early am bite?

I would like to make an attempt at trolling for lakers in Cayuga. We would probably put in at Meyers. Any specific info like locations,depth,spoon or flasher/fly ccombo would be helpful. Also I haave heard that time of day is important, is this only an early am bite?

Hello: Just up there about two weeks ago and fished from meyers down to the south end. Boated a couple really nice lakers(5-7 lbs) but was not targeting them. Try 40-50 ft down in 200 FOW at around two miles an hour with purple alewive spoons 3-4 " length with 75-100 of line behind your rigger. Enjoy and good luck?

The Remedy

Chowder out today 06/07/08 Dean's cove for two hours. Fished South 120 to 200 fow. 6 lakers 3, 8 to 10 lbs one brown and one rainbow. Wire line dipseys flasher fly out 195, core, riggers, copper, it all worked this morning. Speed at ball 2mph.

Sean,

Nice report! I love fishing that lake, but haven't made it over there this year yet. I have a friend getting a boat set-up who lives on the west side a couple miles north of Dean's. I'll have to get out there with him soon.

Was the Brown out that deep?

-Jason