Concealed Carry Permit (Non-Resident)

Guppy35

I am a NY resident, and have my permit to carry concealed here in NY.  I would like to be able to carry when traveling through other states.  Has anybody applied for a Non-Resident permit for another state in which multiple states honor their permit?  I found this website which (if correct) shows which states honor each state's permit.  Just wondering where my best bet would be to apply. 

http://legallyarmed.com/resources/statelist.html

Thanks,

Sean

Sean I believe that the Utah license covers 32 states and you have to attend a one day class and then apply for the permit to Utah. You do have to double check each state in your route though because in many if you do not have a permit for that state you can't even have a handgun locked in a lockbox locked in your trunk and be legal and in many states such possession carries a felony status charge and in some it is mandatory jail time.

Edited by Sk8man

If your looking for correct answers give the Firing Pin in Bergen a call. They hold all the classes for these non resident permits and have all the answers you need. Great group of people there and a wealth of information as well. I also am interested in the Utah permit as well cause I travel quite a bit.

Thanks for the information, I will check Utah out and possibly call Firing Pin to get some information on their classes.

Les - That is a very good point. Before I do any traveling with my handgun I will be sure to check the laws and regulations for each state that i'll be traveling through.

If your looking for correct answers give the Firing Pin in Bergen a call. They hold all the classes for these non resident permits and have all the answers you need. Great group of people there and a wealth of information as well. I also am interested in the Utah permit as well cause I travel quite a bit.

Firing Pin is a great place.

Couldersport in P.A. Go to the county clerk and make sure you have current driver's license and concealed permit with no restrictions. Pay them $35 and you'll be able to carry something like 35 states.

Edited by Chas0218

I think the one in Mass is good for only two years unless they have changed and has to be renewed then and Mass is one of the states that imposes a mandatory jail sentence if you don't have one.

Couldersport in P.A. Go to the county clerk and make sure you have current driver's license and concealed permit with no restrictions. Pay them $35 and you'll be able to carry something like 35 states.

Do you have more info on this?

As long as you hang a cc in ny, pa will honor that and issue you a pa permit. Not a big deal at all. Sheriff's office in Coudersport will take care of it like he said. Not bad for a bunch of snaggers.

good info to know

My brother-in-law and I decided that we are going to renew our permits, like dumb a$$es we never kept them current, will post our "go abouts" hopfully we won't have any problems as PA. Is a open carry state. We live in different counties, where I live in Carbon County is a bit easier as we don't have the Pocono's influence, because we don't have the New York City rip raf and all the drug trafficking back and forth. He is in constant fear with what goes on by his house, even know he's not in the developments. He has witnessed many transactions, can't 100% say it's drugs, but what else could it be at the early hrs. of the night/morning.

I have a florida concealed carry and a Utah and I can carry in a lot of state,s,even if you pass thru a state that does not honor your permit,s if you keep the pistol in a locked box with clip and ammo away I believe you can pass thru without problem,s

As long as its not NY if you don't have a NY permit.

Yes Mike (signalman) and I believe there are other states around here as well that don't allow you to transit a handgun in any manner if you don't hold a permit for that state.

Edited by Sk8man

Do you have more info on this?

Yah here is a link for the reciprocity of the P.A. carry concealed.

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/concealed-carry/reciprocity/

This is an interactive map that allows you to choose which states you have the permit in to check reciprocity.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

The whole process takes about 20 minutes and if you don't have restrictions you will come out of the courthouse with your P.A. carry concealed. I will also recommend calling to double check before you make the drive.

Here is a link to the courthouse:

http://www.pacourts.us/courts/courts-of-common-pleas/individual-county-courts/potter-county