Yotes

Whaler, do you ever use .17 on yotes? I have heard of people that do. Wondering if it packs enough punch or requires a follow up for semi marginal hits.

Thanks!

I don't use the 17 on yotes, just fox. I use the .204 on yotes and still didn't recover two hit hard over snow covered ground. I want the pelts to be as clean and undamaged as possible but the ,204 packs a little more umpf.

I'm sure a lot of yotes are killed with a .17 but again, both guns are leaned up and depending on what's out the window, I get to take my pic.

The trail cam pics of fox is crazy. If it wasn't for a preference of yotes I think we could have shot 20+.

Unreal....... It's amazing how they keep coming in..... 2 years ago we shot 7 or 8 coyotes in one square. Seemed like every weekend there'd be a new single or pair in it..... for us that was a first. 

Bill, I ran the pup tonight in Hilton pretty close to the lake, and there was probably 8" of snow there. You've got to be getting some of that at your place...... does the deeper snow help or hurt you? We never got anything going.....

Edited by Traveling Circus

Maybe next year we will figure out a way to do video. Could really piss some people off!!!!

Not me!! It's better to be pissed off than pissed on!! LOL keep em coming whaler.

YouTube is full of ignorant PETA trolls.  I hope you do post some video.  I like watching the hunting videos - especially the heat scope night hunts.  It is amazing how much you can see at night with a 6000 dollar scope.  Like PAP stated - Keep em coming.

Just missed my first yote on the pile at 8 am. My Dog was going crazy when I was trying to shoot it and it started to run..went and looked and looks like a few different sets of tracks out there maybe tonight!

Edited by machzrcr

Deer are moving, wonder if the yotes will. Carcass is buried under 20+ inches of snow, not sure if the detectors window is covered with snow or not but either way I will take a walk in the am and look for tracks.