New bird dog puppy

Very sweet dog Dave! :yes:  I even had my daughter who is visiting from California take a  look at it and she thinks it is "precious" :)

Great looking dog you have there. I believe I did speak with Lacey or was told they weren't planning a breeding anytime soon? I can't remember.

Yeah I'm very intrigued by the breed. I've only heard great things about them. Not only is the pup cuter than hell both his parents are NAVHDA Versatile Champions so he comes from an incredible line as well.

Very excited to be training a puppy again and very excited to be involved with the breed

Not at all. They're considered a versatile breed and I've seen a couple that were purely duck dogs. Both parents of this pup are NAVHDA Versatile Champions. If you're unfamiliar with the NAVHDA hunt test it's a combination of upland and waterfowl hunting components and a versatile championship takes a very talented versatile dog.

One of the reasons I went with this breed is they have a thick double coat for late duck season cold and they love the water.

He looks awesome.  I have a lab tat is getting older.  If you don't mind me asking, what would be the price range for a dog with that kind of genealogy behind him? PM me if you would be more comfortable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well were into a couple months of training, 5 months old tomorrow, and this is where were at. Shooting birds over him. Hunts pretty well (could use some more intensity but I think hell find it), loves to retrieve, has a heck of a nose. Lots of work to do but he's getting there

post-150397-0-12330600-1459175212_thumb.png

yeah after my last GSP I held off for a couple years before getting this pup. Then grouse numbers were high this fall and I couldn't go without a dog anymore. Im training him for water too so hell be a dual purpose upland/duck dog. He's doing really well with the water so far as well which is nice to see.