Tiger burned to die on Otisco shoreline

Not justifying.... but I know on waters where pickeral are prevalent they tend to get similar treatment. Now I know that there is a huge difference between an onieda pick, and a tiger, but some pan fish dude doesn't know what impact he's doing..... wish he could see the same fate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Chances are that fish was caught on the causeway and didn't release. Then some kids threw it in their fire.... In any case shore fishing is extremely hard on tigers. If the angler doesn't get in the water or isnt very careful the fish beats itself on the rocks along shore. I see it all summer...don't know what the answer is but the average angler on the causeway is ill prepared to handle a tiger and in their defense it's not like they are targeting them. The guys targeting them usually learn and want to learn to handle them well but a big tiger is far harder to deal with from shore....

• 2 weeks later...

Been offsite for a bit so I'm slow in getting news.... Saw this post and is a bit disturbing...about the only thing I think we can do is get with our mi chapter and maybe the fish and game club down there and have some informative signage made and see about posting them at the causeway,campground,marina, park and damn. What do you think?

I have gotten approval for signage from the DEC, but havent for a couple reasons. This is something I intend to get done. If we can get legislation to raise the limit to 40 inches id say we should wait to get signs until then. Again this incident may not have been anything other than an unfortunate incident and we shouldnt read to much into it...