What's Next?

JakeyBaby

This was just released to the public Monday. It truly is bad A$$ although I don't know if I would hunt with it, it would definitely would be fun to play with!! Retails at $849.99. Make sure you check out the video......

http://outdooroverload.com/crosman-pioneer-airbow/

Edited by JakeyBaby

I wonder what the drop is at 50yds.  That arrow looked like it was on a line.

The equation for a constantly accelerating object (such as falling under gravity, and in these short distances we can ignore air resistance) is d = 1/2at², where d = distance, a = acceleration, and t= time.   

At 450fps the arrow will travel 50 yards in 1/3 of a second, so that's t.  a = 32 fps/s, the force of gravity.  

So, solving for d:  

d = 1/2 * 32 * (1/3)² 

d= 16*0.11

d= 1.78 feet

If fired perfectly horizontally the arrow will fall 1.78 feet at 50 yards.

Pretty damn cool device!

Edit for rounding error.

Edited by hermit

Pretty cool, 450fps is awesome definatly knock a white tail to the ground!! A game changer for sure. If they legalize it for hunting I wonder what category it would fit into archery on the account of a arrow or a gun as that's what it resembles. It would make for a good choice for the handicapped.

Good article!   I think the horizontal air resistance would have more of an effect since the arrow is moving so fast in that direction.  If it's 450 fps at the muzzle it will surely drop a little over those 50 yards, making the time slightly longer than 1/3 second, and allowing it to drop further.   No idea how much of an effect it would be, probably not much though.   

Wonder how they'll be treated in terms of hunting.  Probably be a few years before it's even addressed.  

The equation for a constantly accelerating object (such as falling under gravity, and in these short distances we can ignore air resistance) is d = 1/2at², where d = distance, a = acceleration, and t= time.

At 450fps the arrow will travel 50 yards in 1/3 of a second, so that's t. a = 32 fps/s, the force of gravity.

So, solving for d:

d = 1/2 * 32 * (1/3)²

d= 16*0.11

d= 1.78 feet

Pretty damn cool device!

Edit for rounding error.

Physics......love it! Edited by Big Water

Um I'm a true archery hunter until 3-4 years ago when I had a bad accident, not only can't I pull a bow back, I couldn't even pull the string back on a crossbow till I got the auto crank. I certainly can't climb up in a tree stand. I can't go scouting around anymore so my brother in law is big into archery so he's always looking for a good ground blind for me. So I guess not only am very limited as to what I can do, oh ya I can't load one if I do get lucky, I'm stripped of my sportsmanship.

Um I'm a true archery hunter until 3-4 years ago when I had a bad accident, not only can't I pull a bow back, I couldn't even pull the string back on a crossbow till I got the auto crank. I certainly can't climb up in a tree stand. I can't go scouting around anymore so my brother in law is big into archery so he's always looking for a good ground blind for me. So I guess not only am very limited as to what I can do, oh ya I can't load one if I do get lucky, I'm stripped of my sportsmanship.

Happy Birthday Pap!!! You're too you to be laid up. Fishing trumps hunting anyway.

It just disgusting I can't go like I used to. Thanks I turn the big Five O tomorrow.

People don't think when they talk, they get so caught up in their own perfect little

world, not everyone lives in a perfect world, I struggle but I'm determined to get it

one way or another.

Happy Birthday turned 50 for years ago.Didnt mean it that way,of course if someone has a disability that is diferent,broke my right wrist into 30 pieces 8 years ago,worked hard to get it back to bow hunt,never the same but I manage limited on range of motion? Anyway have a good birthday !

I love my bow.

I love m Xbow.

I would love this too (maybe)

I use to use spear and would have used a sling shot but I was much younger and stronger then.

Now as I get older and weaker I do not see this as a terrible thing at all. NYrs will make money from it just the same as they did with the Xbow.

With a nickname like Pap I thought you were like 80 ? you know grand Papi? Lol have a good one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I grew up on a dairy farm we had over 100 milkers as a little tite my play pen was a square of straw bails. I was told I used to walk around with my bib overalls and my hands behind me like a old man, so they started to call me pap and it stuck with me to this very day, some people around home don't know my right name!!!

Have a great day Pap. Being 50 isnt as bad as its made out to be. Feel like I'm 30 but a hell of a lot wiser than when I was 30. Enjoy!!!

Thanks Dan, I had a good day, after dinner the kids got me a $25 gift card for cabelas!! And a fishing game you play on tv but the rods you need didn't come. Maybe tomorrow, it looks so realistic. The kids had no rest till we watched it pretty amazing!!!

Pap, pm me with a 0hone number. I am the VP of nyoutdoorsunlimited.com look us up and we may be able to help you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

At 450fps the arrow will travel 50 yards in 1/3 of a second, so that's t. a = 32 fps/s, the force of gravity.

So, solving for d:

d = 1/2 * 32 * (1/3)²

d= 16*0.11

d= 1.78 feet

Pretty damn cool device!

Edit for rounding error.

*Agreed! Physics = Awesome!![emoji106]ðŸ»