What's Next?

JakeyBaby

Just keep plugging along Pap. At 63 it's not as easy going as it was for me 40 years ago but my passion keeps me going. I'm slower and less mobil now but still get out and work at it. I also try to do some weights training, cardio, and stretching regularly at the gym to maintain what I have left.

Edited by Kevin J Legg

Just keep plugging along Pap. At 63 it's not as easy going as it was for me 40 years ago but my passion keeps me going. I'm slower and less mobil now but still get out and work at it. I also try to do some weights training, cardio, and stretching regularly at the gym to maintain what I have left.

Thanks Kevin, yea, I used to work 10-12 hrs a day when I had my business, closed the shop up went home, and that was the end of me, I snapped my spine off L4/5/6 in the opposite direction from the way you normally bend, they plated me on the front and back of my spine, and hoped I could walk which I wasn't able to at first but with months of therapy I'm able to go with out a walker which I needed for a while then a cane now nothing. The docs. said it was amazing how well I did. It was a long hard road but I made it. Fishing was always my passion now I have to be careful but once I'm in you need to pry me out, I just love being out on the water. Take care Kevin, I hope our plans from last year materialize this year. PAP.

I do my research.

So for anybody thinking that this method of hunting is going to infringe on you or your neighbors.  let me assure you that this will be a major investment that most either can not or will not be able to do.  It is somewhat difficult to navigate the Crosman website but if you have time to do this and watch youtube videos, do so - especially if you like new toys as much as I do.

I was (a kid in candy shop) ready to preorder.  I mean you get 6 bonus arrows.  I couldn't find on their site how much each arrow is but they have claimed that it is a patent pending special knock.

Airbow $850

Tank $430

Hand Pump $190

incidentals - tank refills, quick disconnects vary.  I didn't tally these.  You can do with the pump or the tank or if you have a high pressure tank go without both but there tank is nice because it is light and rated for the higher pressure. 

I am going to wait.  I also thought about investing in a precharged air rifle(s) so the pump and tank could be used for other things.  I will say that it is either great planning on their business model or pure luck that they are releasing this around tax refund time.

Also - for you "purists" that are really concerned.  On their site it said deer hunting in NY (with airbow) is pending.  PA is not legal - sorry Pap.

It like anything else new to the public.... let the guys with big money get the bugs out, let the price drop...... then buy. Although I'm still not for the big game hunting end with it. It damn sure is a cool arm!

About 20 years ago I took a bow hunter education course and the instructors spoke about a hunt out west somewhere (I forget the specifics). IIRC, a game warden watched a hunter shoot a sheep at 80 yards and thought that was an extremely long shot for a bow. Upon inspecting the hunters bow, he found the hunter also had a sight pin set for 100 yards. We were told that because of that incident, they tried to combine gun season with primitive arms season claiming that if you could shoot an animal at 100 yards, it's no longer a primitive arms. Just a thought.

The thing definately has some killing power to it.  I saw Jim Shockey shoot a bison with one.  One shot put a world of hurt on it.  He did hit it with 

a second shot just to end things quicker for it.  This may have a niche in greater Rochester area during shotgun season where shotgun hunting

is not allowed.

The thing definately has some killing power to it.  I saw Jim Shockey shoot a bison with one.  One shot put a world of hurt on it.  He did hit it with 

a second shot just to end things quicker for it.  This may have a niche in greater Rochester area during shotgun season where shotgun hunting

is not allowed.

Yea I saw the same show, the first shot laid the smack down on that critter, no doubt with the razor tips they have today that would blow a hole out the other side like a high powered rifle. My brother in law has a air rifle that shoots a 17 cal. Pill, it also takes a scuba tank to add air, like 3000 psi. All I'd have to do is buy the apparatus. Hmm I'll wait till the newness wears off and the price comes down. LOL

• 1 month later...

I just saw a video this morning of a pcp net gun to bring down drones.  Made me think of how much fun it would be to use it on birds.  Catch and release pheasant hunting!!!

Now that would be interesting to say the least, maybe they'll make a big enough one so my 11 year old daughter could shoot and not kill her most sought after creature BIG FOOT, when she heard that NY passed a law that any bipedal animal or what not is illeagall to kill she said there has to be one or they wouldn't have passed that law dad!!