When to go

We have been fishing LO for about Fifteen years. Our yearly trip is the last week of August fishing for Kings.

I retired last year and now we have more time so we're thinking of a spring trip to fish for Browns and Walleye.

Looking for suggestions on which Month April or May would be better.

We fish out of Henderson Harbor so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Never have targeted Browns but have fished Walleyes on Lake Champlain and river back home.

Thanks for any tips

I  have not fished spring  in the Henderson  area  but we go to little Sodus    3rd week in  April  for about  25 years and always do well  there  at that time. Perhaps   Saiff  charters  could fill you in   about spring browns  in that area.

all thru may you'll get eyes in black river bay.....around to three mile bay.....8 to 50 fow depending on temps...... browns you'll get from the trench around to stony creek and all down the east shore.... likely be april before you get out of Henderson.....launch out of lil salmon river usually is good to go late march unless the cold weather hangs in...( if we ever get any this year )

I have fished the last few years out of Henderson, 3rd week of May, walleye and pike are very abundant in Chamount, if we are chasing browns we fish between Stoney island and Galloo. Great water and there is always a place to hide from the waves, sticks with a orange belly and purple worm harnesses for the eyes, stinger sized spoons for the browns post-141110-14521251867175_thumb.jpg