Advise on Net holder location

SylvanTroller

I have a Crestliner Sabre SST216 with a Johnson 150 and Yamaha 9.9 kicker. I have unitrolls with 3ft beams on the rear corners a trax tech triple rod holder in the center and 2 rail mount tite lok rod holders on each side mounted to the hand rails. Looking for advise on where to put a net holder. I have a beckman salmon net and have been storing it collapsed next to the pilots chair. Would really like to put a holder somewhere out of the way where I can have it ready to go and would like to hit it right the first time. Any suggestions or locations that have worked for you all would be greatly appreciated. I have been considering the center of the dash above the cuddy door or on the floor next to the pilot ogle passenger seats. What's worked for you all over the years, ideas? Thanks.

One of the preliminary questions to be asked is: Do you fish solo often? This was my guiding concern because I often fish by myself and rather than locating mine at the front it is in back where it is always available.....but it also matters how your boat is set up. It works for me but others would I'm sure perceive it to be in the way. In the many years I've had it this way it has never been a "problem". Note how the net is angled toward the center over the motor I do most of my netting from the corners or sides. Sometimes I do move my RODS forward though.The problem seen in the photo is of a different nature....called "partner inattention" (my son messing with his phone while the fish is on the downrigger and during a derby :lol: ).

post-145411-0-19698500-1452132924_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man