Attention CNY and Southern Tier musky anglers

I agree. I would like to attend the chapter 69 meetings but they are a little too far for me to be able to. A more local group would be much easier for me to help support. Good luck guys we are all looking forward to this already.

I like the guys from chapter 69! NO bad blood here!!!!! They have given me business and I enjoy the guys. It was 5 hours easy roundtrip to go to their meeting for me! I admit the roast beef sandwich was awesome...but not that good lol!

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

As one of the founding officers of MI69, i applaud your initiative, though im not convinced that it has to be either/or wrt MI. We've wrestled with the distance issue ourselves and have tried and/or discussed a number of ideas to address the issue - from streaming our meetings online to having held some meetings in places like Chaut and Clayton, to appointing regional representatives to advocate for local areas. This last one is in place, and the only thing we've been lacking is more people like Trevor and Justin who want to step up and become involved. We're more than willing to work with you guys...we could appoint someone as the official regional rep and you could hold local meetings under the 69 umbrella to feed those issues back and be the local on-the-ground point of contact. And with interest and membership outside rochester we can certainly push to make a 'virtual' statewide meeting a reality.

if you'd like to try to see if we can figure something out that would focus and combine our powers to make beneficial changes, rather than splintering it, let me know!

Being at the last outpost before deep rainforest,at Annai,Guyana and very slow Internet that I wil very soon be boating out of all connection for 60 days.I suggest that you link up with MI 69,have meeting in your region.Then for changes to take place resolutions sent from Chapel 69 to County Federation of Sportsmen's Club's can be sent to the NY Conservation Council,that in turns sends a Bill to the New York State Legislature that then debates it with in Legislative Committee and also the NYSDEC. This is how we got the NY State Inland Muskie Season to start on the last Saturday in May and the increase to 40" Sizelimit.With in the Federation of Sportsmen's Club's you can get support from every county in the state for change.Also NY Chapter 69 M.I. is a non for profit organization that allows you to raise funds for conservation effort with out a tax burden.I for one would be very happy to meet with those interested in your area,as others from NY Chapter 69 M.I. would as well.Just because we are a muskie club that does not limit us to writting resulutions for other kinds of fish,habitat restoration,launch facilities,against chemical treatment of state waters,etc..I will be back from Guyana Rainforest early March.

Capt Larry D Jones

NY Muskies 69 Regional Representative

ECFAB ECFSC Director and Pres.ELECBA

Edited by mostlymuskies

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to get something done there are a handful of political consultants in CNY that could make a phone call and shift policy, if you can pay the bill. All politics aside Coumo heavily advertises how much he wants to make fishing in upstate NY a tourist attraction, so now wouldn't be the worst time to get a petition going and raise some funds to get something done that way. Lets be honest, this would be low on the docket for any and every politician and bureaucrat with the ability to get it done otherwise. Their base is not heavily impacted by potential musky fishermen.

Unfortunately, that is probably what it is going to take if we want to see a major change. I pike fish multiple times a week during the summer and would love the chance to diversify a little, outside of the couple musky lakes/rivers that are common. Sadly, I don't see that happening in the general area anytime soon unless somebody has some pull they are willing to flex, or some major cash to throw down.

Non-profit (tax exempt) status in NY isn't cheap, an association I work with recently went through that and it would have cost thousands in our case, so I would keep that in mind going forward. Luckily it was donated by a law firm that was a member of the association. Might be a good idea to go through another organization for that reason alone if funds are a concern. Or get a lawyer on board who's willing to work pro-bono. Hopefully one of you guys is a bar member with some spare time so that is a moot point.

Best of luck on this thing, I hope it is a success and I'm willing to help out where necessary. I look forward to learning about the objectives and plan of action from this organization. I'm in Rochester but I fish the finger lakes and Syracuse area on a regular basis.