Went 8-12 Couple of Kings around 19 lb. Dropped a couple of bows between 8-10 lb. and a monster brown at the boat. Also took a bunch of smaller kings and coho. 180-210 fow. 24-35 down. nbk, orange crush, chicken wing, purple thunder ss. Hottest lure was the NBK. Took both big kings. Everything came on a NW troll. 2.2-2.3 at the ball. Early was hot. when the wind died down and the rain came, the action slowed down. it was a slow pick by 8:00. Good luck to all.

Hi Jeremy

I think I talked with you today out on the water thanks for the report out there. I never could get anything going and suffered my first SKUNK this year oh well better luck next time I guess. Good going on your catch sounds like you had a great morning! I will be hauling the boat up to cape vincent this weekend for my annual N pike trip we usually hammer them pretty good it should be fun. When I get back I can start trying to figure this big lake fishing stuff out and put a few in the boat.

Gene

Feel free to contact us. We busted our butts for the first hour or so this morning before we got them going. There are so many variables that go into getting the fish to go these days. Everything needs to be just right. We have gotten pretty good at dialing in our presentation lately. It takes time, patience and some bad days for the good days to come. Stick around Sandy and feel free to PM any of us on the board. I myself get better by asking a lot of questions and reading a lot of artciles. You can never know enough. Good luck and have a good one.

And don't feel too bad about that skunk on board...we suffered the first ever on the "new" boat (3 1/2 yrs old) on Saturday. Not even a release. There were only two of us and the one guy had never fished the lake before and we only fished a couple hours and the sun was high and the wind and...I could whine and make excuses forever. Truth be told, we just didn't figure 'em out.

Like Jeremy says, though, most of the time with a little experience you just learn to dial them in. You see certain conditions year after year and you know what to do. Then, when you think you've got it figured out, there's that big fat skunk crawling you-know-where again. The only thing for certain is that it'll all change before the next time.

Good luck in the islands. Hope you hammer them snot-rockets...I've got another ten days til I leave for Lac Seul. That's about two more trips on the big pond, by my calendar.

Gator, Nothin' but Net

Hey Guys. I was out for the first time this year in my 16 footer Sat. morning and fished 70 to 135 feet of water and managed 1 small Coho on a flasher/fly. I figured it might be a little better out deeper but it was a little too choppy for us to go out farther. The guy that went with me has never been out b4 so we were happy to get one. Hopefully these winds will switch around and the fish will come back in some. It was nice to finally get back out.

Jeremy,

First trip since in over a month, on Sun am and was fishless 130-150 ft till I heard your radio report ( I :D think that was you) about catching fish at 210' .

I turned north and caught 3 salmon and a steelhead at the 180 mark from 845 till I pulled the lines at 915 to go to church.

Hated to leave, but promised my wife.

they all came on NK 28's ,35 down.

Thanks for the Tip. I probably would have been skunked without your report.

Thanks again

Dave T

19' Sea Nymph

The days of fishing in calm weather and having east winds every three weeks or so are long gone. You must be willing and prepared to fish in rough conditions every time you go out. We always have the mindset that the lake condtions won't match the forecast and if the forecast is for 10-15 out of the west, it's more like 15-20 out of the west. And half the time, the wind prediction is incorrect, or off by a day, so you can throw that out the window. A calm day with a one foot chop is a bonus for us. Fishing is hard work these days and we decided a while ago to get a bigger boat because we didn't want to be limited by our boat on where we could go and when we could fish. The lake changes so much now that you may be in 60 fow today and 600 fow tomorrow. Weekends are so valuable to most that you have to fish them, no matter what. That's what we do. We only stay away when thunderstorms are in the area. Not interested in dealing with them. Sandy can be harder to fish because of the shortage of boats and reports during the week but i think it's even more rewarding to figure it out when it's like that. I hope everyone keeps up the reports. It does help and it puts Sandy on the map as one of the best places to fish on Lake Ontario.

Thanks Guys

I will keep my chin up and I will be looking for help on the board and out on the water. I am having fun learning and I have to remeber it is not always a fast process. I will give you guys a report on my trip when I get back and I cant wait to eat a few snot rockets LOL (N Pike).

Gene

We catch and release everythng, so, i get them right back in the water. The bigger fish get weighed on the boca grip, dragged next to the boat on the grip and then released. I will try at some point but not at the expense of the fish. It's tough with two people. We also don't believe in cameras and ice. They same to jinx us but we will see.

Thanks Tank. I will stop by and say hi at some point. Good luck out there and give us a shout. I hope your radio is fixed by the way. It doesn't matter but i noticed while on Foster's boat it was pretty hard to get ahold of you.

Have a good one.

Thanks Jeremy, will do on the shout..as soon as I get the boat in :evil:. Mechanic should be looking at the starter Wed. Tank

If you want to get out before you can get it in PM me. I have some time off right now and can go anytime. The boat is ready to go and the catching has been pretty good for us. Just let me know.

Hey Guys. I was out for the first time this year in my 16 footer Sat. morning and fished 70 to 135 feet of water and managed 1 small Coho on a flasher/fly. I figured it might be a little better out deeper but it was a little too choppy for us to go out farther. The guy that went with me has never been out b4 so we were happy to get one. Hopefully these winds will switch around and the fish will come back in some. It was nice to finally get back out.

Is this one of Al An's boys er men. This is Web's retired boy. Glad to here from you on this site. Enjoying life. Lots of turkey hunting less fishing til now.