2016-- Let this be the year to "take a stab at it"

With gas prices forecasted to remain approx half what they were the last several years, there is no better time to "get your feet wet" in the exhilarating tourny game on Lake Ontario. It doesnt matter whether its a crazy bite or a tough grind, you will most likely leave the event ready for more. The friendships made whether built through teammates or competitors are what its all about. The camaraderie and sportsmanship is for the most part on display, wherever the events are held. Most of the top finishers have had their days in the sun and at the bottom of the barrel, but they will all tell you they learned the most when finishing the lowest.

The seminars available today are great and helpful, but ask any regular tournament fisherman what competing in the events has done for their proficiency and ability to be successful on the water and I'm sure you will be impressed with what they have to say.   

I couldn't agree more Vince! I can't fish them all because uncle Sam won't let me ( or my wife). But man I wish I could! It takes Trout and Salmon fishing to a whole new level. You get to rub shoulders with the best guys on the lake and learn WAY more on how to adapt to situations as they arise! It is by far the best way to learn our lake and how to attack it! Can't wait to fish the next one!

Yeah I might be able to fish the Sodus Pro/Am this year, at least I'm hoping. Bringing the boat 124 miles to fish is tough business when it is as big as she is, and the 10 mpg I get when towing her.

Yeah I might be able to fish the Sodus Pro/Am this year, at least I'm hoping. Bringing the boat 124 miles to fish is tough business when it is as big as she is, and the 10 mpg I get when towing her.

It's less than half the distance by boat. With a boat that size you could cruise over to Sodus from Chaumont.

I think there will be a lot of guys willing to go further than other years, to try new waters. I know this has nothing to do with the tourney's so in a sense it will be a learning point for some.

I will be fishing the 1K a Day, Salmon Slam, Oak Orchard Open and the KOTO series for sure and hopefullythe Niagara Pro/Am and the Sandy Creek Shootout. I have fished the WHI twice and love it but I can't take the chance of missing Mother's Day due to a blow day so that one is out. You do learn a lot fishing the tournaments because they force you to fish as hard as you can under all kinds of conditions - especially conditions that you wouldn't be fishing in otherwise.

It's less than half the distance by boat. With a boat that size you could cruise over to Sodus from Chaumont.

Yeah but the boat only gets 2mpg on its best day, and she is an older tired boat so I wouldn't want to chance it.

Edited by Chas0218

YOLO guys, tourneys are good times !  I don't even have a team this year after spending the last couple seasons fishing only a few off my boat and those were exclusively with only my son. I needed to do that while I still had him. He is now driving, working and girl chasing so I don't see him joining me much this year but tournies are just to much fun and with these gas prices I'll dredge something up and give it hell !  Honestly, there has never been a better time to get involved  :yes:

I hear you there Chas, when it comes to moving a boat that size. Good thing is that gas prices have dropped.

I do have to say I wouldn't want to be on a smaller boat on those rougher days.

YOLO guys, tourneys are good times !  I don't even have a team this year after spending the last couple seasons fishing only a few off my boat and those were exclusively with only my son. I needed to do that while I still had him. He is now driving, working and girl chasing so I don't see him joining me much this year but tournies are just to much fun and with these gas prices I'll dredge something up and give it hell !  Honestly, there has never been a better time to get involved   :yes:

No doubt I am going to put some money aside to do it even if it is only a few of us. Look at it this way Less people for a cut.
Edited by Chas0218