Cayuga

They still discharge just that the plant runs for voltage support for the Ithaca area because of that nasty fracking gas is cheaper, coal is expensive and dirty so the plants days are numbered.

So NY has the best of both worlds we **** & scream and let someone else do the work just like the welfare system..........had to vent...sorry

Going to try in front of the plant today!

Slow day today we tried in front of the plant plus deeper water couldn't find anything other than small LLs & 1 bow. been a tough winter for decent size fish we've been up and down the water column with everything....we'll keep plugging regardless it was a great day on the lake!

Went out today hit west shoreline above Taughannock. Nice 19" LL in 70 fow to start, tons of small LL. One Brown that measured 14 1/2" lucky fish, he was fat! Found a few, very few suspended Lakers out in 385' got two of them to go, so fish for dinner this weekend, great day to get out. Hot lure was anything you threw at the little guys, switched over to larger spoons and that helped, they were still hitting but not taking hook deep. If I was going again tomorrow I'd head north of the boy scout camp and hit 200-300 fow that's where the bait and fish seemed to be up off bottom. Also lost three really nice fish two of which took serious drag!

Dang! :wacko:

Plant was down today too.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

Forgot to mention I saw many different duck species with a very pretty red head drake the highlight. He let me troll right up to him, wish I had a good camera. The evening had them flying everywhere, I'm not a duck hunter but it seems like they were abundant.

Edited by Nautitroller

They still discharge just that the plant runs for voltage support for the Ithaca area because of that nasty fracking gas is cheaper, coal is expensive and dirty so the plants days are numbered.

So NY has the best of both worlds we **** & scream and let someone else do the work just like the welfare system..........had to vent...sorry

Going to try in front of the plant today!

YHA they still discharge when they are running one plant/system or what ever you call it and they keep the system running for Lansing not Ithaca just so it still works it will never be fully operational again and I would say about 20 year ago just after the big upgrade they did to that place they made them put the water back into the lake at the same temperature they took it out.

YHA they still discharge when they are running one plant/system or what ever you call it and they keep the system running for Lansing not Ithaca just so it still works it will never be fully operational again and I would say about 20 year ago just after the big upgrade they did to that place they made them put the water back into the lake at the same temperature they took it out.

But Cornell lake water cooling can put it back at whatever temp they want right?

Ithaca has what is called a load pocket until the transmission line is completed from the PASNY lines in Auburn AES will be online but used on demand as the ISO dictates. It supports the lansing area because of the substation (Milliken) is in Lansing which distributes the power to Ithaca. It's a shame to lose the station not only because of the jobs but I believe it's the biggest taxpayer in Lansing, I hope it isn't like Goudey in Union it will sit there for decades because no one can afford to dismantle it!

It could have been converted but that's where the politics start oh well!

Back to fishing!