UV Spoons, Attractors, Flies, etc

Changes in salmon species eyes start to occur before they spawn.  I assume the adaption is evolutionary to help the different species of salmon to identify each other.  When I was in Alaska there were streams that had spawning Pinks, Sockeye, Chum and Cohos.  To keep from getting into the wrong nest, salmon change body color to help differentiate.  While out in the ocean salmon are all silver.  So perhaps UV is really only a factor come August and later.  Again......IMO it is just a blue-hue flashy tape accent.

Nonsense!  I merely used that expression so Dave would understand.  He is "Big Dave" not "young Dave"  :)

At My age creeping is good !!  Neighbors can'y see in the barn anyway,  What goes on in the barn stays in the barn LOL :P

Talk to Dr. Bruce Tufts at Queens University in Kingston Ontario his research is on Bass but he told me fish don't see UV light.

Bass are a shallow water fish, maybe they don't.   I like both reflective and reactive uv stuff.  Works for me.

Bass are a shallow water fish, maybe they don't.   I like both reflective and reactive uv stuff.  Works for me.

Out west here we will hook up Bass at 125' while trolling for Kings in water you can not see 2', It's all about vibration