Sea Ray - Older model

FishingTheFL

I looked at a 22ft sea ray today. It needed a new motor and out drive. Its fiber glass which makes me reconsider the whole idea in general of purchasing but looks like it's been stored well.

Any idea how much New motor or Used motor is going to cost? They said a 350 went into it. Doesn't mean much to me because I don't know much about motors but learn very quick. I think I found one threw the dealer for around $2000 plus shipping but that seemed very low for a brand new motor...

Thoughts are appreciated since the boat is cheap... but don't want another night mare project like my bass boat...

The guys at Michigan Motorz are very reputable, I purchased a new 350 block from they and they installed it too. Great customer satisfaction from what I know. Your looking at about 4k when all is said and done IMO unless you have good mechanical skills and the right equipment.

That it's fiber glass lol. Its been stored inside but I've rather have aluminum. I didn't get under it to look at the hull. There was to much stuff in the way

It has the motor out already, and the floor felt soft. From the research if done so far... out sounds easier then in, plus either way it has to go to a shop to get the motor aligned. I don't mind a challenge but I already have one project going and another fiber glass project would be a nightmare... but it would always be better then new...

I guess I should ask... what should I look for as in issues and positives. Might buy two boats, but ones and an OMC... not even sure what that means but he says that hasn't hit the water in 10 years...

Edited by FishingTheFL

I have a 350 rebuilt with 4 barrel, does the boat have the exhaust manifolds with it? It's a BAHA with through hull exhaust. The motor was rebuilt and so was the out drive, which is why I bought the boat I put the out drive on my Sea Ray Cuddy 22fter. I'd sell the motor for 1500.00 cash.