Hello and Thanks

Bristol5

It seemed long overdue to come out of the shadows and see if I could begin contributing a fraction of the fine information I've gathered from this site over the past three years.

I've loved the Finger Lakes region since my school days in Ithaca in the mid 70's.  Recently retired, and having a 16-foot Sylvan stored near Canandaigua Lake, Lord willing I hope to get in a lot of fishing over the coming years.  (Some of you angling the Chosen Spot may see a crazy guy fishing from an orange kayak - that would also be me).

My son joins me as often as he can, and during the summer months, my wife contributes to the fish fries as well.

With the exception of an annual walleye trip to Canada that I take with a bunch of guys I've known forever, I've tended to focus on perch and smallmouth. However, I'd really like to get into trout fishing (all kinds), and plan to target them much more frequently this year.

Thanks again for all the help.

Welcome! There is some much great info here! I grew up fishing for perch and smallies on Lake O. I have in the past few years transitioned into walleye, trout and salmon. I guys and gals here are great, any question for anywhere will get you good advice.

Happy you're a part of it!

Tight lines