Musky Release Award Print

"Save The River" , SUNY ESF, and "1000 Islands Biological Station" sponser an award each year to any angler who successfully catches and releases unharmed, a legal size Musky back into the St. Lawrence River. The award is a print of a painting by artist Michael C. Ringer. This year the print was titled " Sovereign".

When they raised the legal Musky size limit from 48 inches up to 54 inches in 2015, I figured I would never get a chance to get one of Ringers Musky prints....but man was I surprised and shocked when we pulled that 56" beauty into the boat this fall! Any way, I guess we'll try for another print next season!

Here is a picture of the print and a picture of me releasing her this past October on the St. Lawrence.

P1010982_1.jpg

Edited by choo-choo

Congrats! That is a PB that will be hard to top. But in the St. Lawrence it is possible. I know of one other 56"er caught there this year. I'm sure there were more over the minimum.

I bet the best part of the experience was watching her swim away.

Edited by muskiedreams

Holy shyt man that was a awesome catch and a nice release!!!! I wish the pike guys would march to your guys beat. Nothing like fighting a mid size pike, thinking you have the mother pig eye on the line only to see a nice pike. With these two species it takes 20plus years to get that size maybe longer with your Muskie. When 1 dies whether it's buy carelessness or brutal cold conditions, there goes 25-30 years worth of that body of water, just think that fish could be older than the person that caught it. Very nice award choo choo.

Congrats! That is a PB that will be hard to top. But in the St. Lawrence it is possible. I know of one other 56"er caught there this year. I'm sure there were more over the minimum.

post-142867-14534254978773_thumb.jpgindeed it is.

Thanks muskiedreams...I'm sure I will never top that fish.

I saw a pic of  a 58", caught this fall by a guy that lives not to far from me in Callicoon NY  ,but it was not released.

.watching her swim away was a  thrill

Thanks pap sk8man justtracy

Edited by choo-choo

Old man,

I chose not to measure Tracy's big one either...i know how big it was and she never woulda made it. Every angler whose main concern is the fish has to really evaluate the fish before even removing it from the water. I personally rough measure in the water now for my own fish though i do take em out for guests if I think its safe.

The fish's well being is most important,

Bruce said once those hooks came out of her, we were going to get her back into the water....pronto!Quick tape.    No hero pictures.

But the way she revived so quick and swam away so strong, I think we could have got a few hero pictures .