Had the pleasure of fishing aboard THE ON THE LAM III this weekend. Petes new ride is awesome! Had a blast putting blood on the deck. Managed some nice browns Sunday a.m. Saw a deer swimming around the marina which was odd. Thought I had too many cold ones for a minute.

All spoon bites: sister sledge, mixed veggie, alewive imitations, etc. Changing lure colors as the sun came in and out seemed to help. Riggers, copper, and copper off the boards all targeting around the 35'-45' foot range over 55'-75' FOW. key temp was as warm as we could find which was around 60 degree surface temp and 47-49 degree down 35'-45' Down speed was around 2.0-2.3

Pictures are not good due to only having cell phone camera. Picture kind of explains where we were fishing. It looks like we were way out but we were in pretty close.

Pq2oxHeJ.jpg

aV2TZ1S9.jpg

Good thing you targeted the browns. We fished all day Saturday in anywhere from 100' to 400' looking for Kings and didn't find any. We fished in shallow on Sunday morning and got a real nice Atlantic and a couple of browns. I hope the Kings will move in soon. Probably be back up this weekend. Good Luck!

Burt

Fished out of Oswego from Thurs - Sunday, fishing was kind of slow for us. We got four browns from 6 to 10lbs, all the rest were 12 inches long, we were constantly checking our lines to make sure we were not towing one of these fish around. I was docked at green dock and saw a deer swim behind my boat Sat afternoon, talk about taking a double take. We fished 10 to 80 FOW, Lures that took fish NBK, Gobi glow, Alewife spoons, challenger glow stick bait at night. Caught the biggest sucker in my life on Sunday, I was checking my oil tank and took another boats wake from the side, fell backwards on a smithwick, trip back to the dock with a stickbait hanging off the middle of my back. Hope next trip is better.

Hey chief you should check out the Chamberlain release, that will take care of your problem of towing little guys. You can adjust the release tension from the rod and the lure seperatly. I have had my rod tips touching the water, and had a small BT, 6" release the rod. They are available in Pulaski and at Jon's Little Salmon River tackle shop. I have run Roemers for the past 15 years, and now they are going up for sale. No more Rubber bands for small fish or walleyes for me. Good Luck.

Rich

I also had the pleasure of using the chamberlain releases this weekend for the first time. They are slick to say the least. I will be replacing my blacks with them. Love the way you can trip them easily yet still have good tension on the business end. They will be handy with the little guys on Cayuga lake

I looked at those releases at Jon's they looked complicated to set up. I was using the Black's releases set as low as they would go, still towed fish around. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you mentioned rubber bands.

Chief,

They are set up just like the black's, a few twists and put the loop on the release just like the Black's, except you can adjust the release tension to be just enough to hold your lure with out releasing. You adjust the upper tension just like a Blacks, even has the same knob, the bait end is a bronze knob that can be tightened or loosened to adjust the fish side of the release, once you have it adjusted to your liking, leave it alone, set it up just like a black's. Let me know when you are in town again, and I will try to meet up with you and show you how it works. Good Luck.

Rich