Otisco ice

Hockey8

That's the first report I've heard from Oneida. The talk on Iceshanty is that only Big Bay is safe. I'm sure that's changing constantly as this winter weather (finally!!) keeps up, but I know there was a bunch of snow there recently, too, and there's probably only limited safe access. I guess it's good to know somebody is getting them... 

That's the first report I've heard from Oneida. The talk on Iceshanty is that only Big Bay is safe. I'm sure that's changing constantly as this winter weather (finally!!) keeps up, but I know there was a bunch of snow there recently, too, and there's probably only limited safe access. I guess it's good to know somebody is getting them... 

I talked to my son who lives on Oneida lake this evening, he said there was one hut out of Lewis Pt. this afternoon and could see where others went out, also there were tracks going out from the east end but no one was out there this evening.

the ice is clear of  snow, should be good for the week end.

He didn't check the ice so anyone going to try it be safe,take a big buddy and send him out first.LoL :lol:

Edited by W.W.IV.

My buddy was up yesterday (1/24) and said there were a few spots with safe ice. Said everyone was grouped together in one spot. Most of the guys were closer to shore. The good news is there is ice, the bad news is there is more weak ice scattered in. Spud just to be safe and go where people have been. A guy got a 40 inch Tiger on Sunday.

Edited by On the Hook

Not for me to say anyways what someone does with their legal catch....but one can always hope for a safe release. I really wanna see a 50 come out of Otisco and it isnt gonna happen if we dont let them mature....40 is a beautiful fish and tons of fun.....but by no means full grown and they fill out tremendously between 40 and 45.