Rochester Bassmasters

kstitan8

Last night I attended my first Rochester Bassmasters meeting. The club and its members made a great first impression on me. It was really great listening to a couple of guys recap their 2015 season on the water, and to hear a preview of the upcoming 2016 season. Im really looking forward to getting involved in the club and getting out on the water this summer with some experienced anglers.

• 3 months later...

A friend of mine just joined this year and has been bugging me to do the same. I don't care to fish tournaments though, so is there any point besides that to join?

Thus far, I have only been to a handful of meetings, and their annual sportsman raffle fund raiser, so I cannot speak too much from experience, but, I do know they hold social events throughout the year, with one being a clam bake. Joining also entails membership into the national B.A.S.S. club, which provides you with the monthly magazine, as well as the ability to marshal in events on the pro trails, and I would imagine much more. From what I have gathered so far, it is a tremendous learning experience and a great way to meet other guys who share the passion, whom of which you can get out on the water for some non-tournament fishing with.

Like I said, I don't have a great amount of exposure to what the club has to offer at this point, but I hope this helps. They are always looking for new guys, so I would be happy to, or I am sure your friend can get you in touch with somebody who might be able to provide a little more insight.