seneca lake

You read it right Irish.I do usually run my thumper like that.It's usually the bottom of my "V" spread.Wasn't really running it like a thumper.Noticed a couple fish surface while trolling.Wasn't running the thumper in my spread so I decided to take get it out and run it a ways back near the surface.Got a 10,12 & 1# meatball to run with it when I want to go deep.Got all my rods from the fish doctor(capt Ernie)in Oswego.Gave me charts for all weights and dipsey settings.Gives me REAL precise depth with amount of line out.He's pretty much been my teacher for about 5 years now.His son Jeff(now a captain himself)has been a great help lately also.

ray looks like we need to fish seneca again and make the little boys cry

80 to 105 greens colors if north and south not workin troll east and west troll out to middle of lake and back into shore and back out

From the sounds of things we will be doing the crying,last day of the derby was tuff for us on the south end too.One other suggestion might be to launch at Servern and fish to the north the bottom is a little more forgiving up there (flatter) and the lakers and most all fish migrate around Seneca and what is a hotspot in Feb through May ,will find you scratching your head at other times.Good Luck. The waters off valois pretty much hold lakers this time of year..

Thanks Ray.Makes me feel a little better.You know how misery loves company.Problem is that I have a slip at the southend.Guess I may need to gas up the boat(ouch)and head north.Looking at it now as a challenge.Good to scratch the brain from time to time anyway.Bridging those synaptic gaps and getting those neurons firing.Like you say "Always learning or never learning."

Td did you get any big derby fish on friday? we were up by the barge also probly the jerks that kept cutting you off .I would of sworn the fish left the so.end . As summer goes on the east side starts to look pretty good if you slide out to the 190 to 290 ft water.

Going to hit the south end today after work.Hope to be on the water around 5:00.Will post when I get back.Unless of course I'm busty cleaning my catch.Then I'll post tomorrow after the bass opener.Think I'm going to go to Oneida for that.